My 1st week on here!

Options
Hi I'm new to this site and so far i really like it plus finding it hard too!
But now thinking about what goes into my mouth will shift whats on my hips!
People are shocked to find out i'm a dancer and dance teacher cause I'm overweight!
I went to a dance last Saturday and a male dancer looked me up and down and refused to dance with me because I'm not a slim dancer not cause of my dance ablilty.It was awful and of course even now it hurts so time to really kick my rear into action!
Any advice on healthy tips and exercise I would love to hear your comments :smile

Replies

• meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome!! :) Feel free to add if you'd like some support! I've definitely been in the same boat. I was a dance instructor at my university when I was overweight and I definitely had some nasty students. :( Not everyone is like that though! People here will really support you.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck, drink lots of water and exercise daily, i do walking cycling and 30d shred dvd and have lost inches as well as weight:flowerforyou:
  • ewojczuk
    ewojczuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've really found this website helpful for my goal of losing weight. Exercise alone is definitely not enough. I was a hiker and a snowboarder, walked my dog everyday etc. and I was 'overweight' as well, so I totally understand how someone can be physically active and still be heavier than they'd like to be!

Tips: log your food and exercise daily. It will teach you what goes into your body and will definitely help you make the right food choices! Also, everyone is different, but I try to do 1 hour of hard exercise, 5 days a week (i.e. 8k jog, 30 min on the eliptical and 30 min on the stairmaster) + extras like walking an hour a day, lifting weights etc.

Good luck and give me a shout if you need any motivation!!