I'm not new, but I'm looking for new!!!

Options
I have been on here since February I think, I did well at first but I have found myself in a hole recently. My eating has been out of control, and exercise has become non existent. I really need to just start over. I've dug myself so far into the hole that i am to ashamed to keep any of my old MFP friends.

So I want to do this for real this time. I want to focus on mini goals rather than the big picture.I have a lot to get rid of, the big picture is just too daunting.

About me: I'm 23, and gained my weight in my first 3 years of college, I gained 70lbs in those three years and have been gaining and loosing the same 10lbs for a year. I'm graduated from college now, and have a desk job which leaves me on my rear for most of the day.

I don't really know where to begin

thanks for listening!

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Good luck with your goals!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Stay with it and you will do just fine. if you need any more accountability partners feel free to add me.

Best of luck
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...my story is the same as yours. Good luck with your goals!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have good weeks, bad weeks, good months, years, whatever. Don't be too hard on yourself, it won't help.

I had a bad year in 2010 and in the last six weeks I'm getting a grip on my eating. Still haven't gotten back at full-time exercise.

Patience and self-acceptance is key in finding the right mindset.

Hang in there! We can do it. I've made great progress already in changing my mind. I have about 20 lbs to RE-lose so I know it will be a long process.

:flowerforyou:
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm sure your old mfp friends will be glad to continue supporting you... none of us are without our struggles! But if you need some new friends, I am there for ya! Feel free to shoot me an add... my story is quite similar to yours. Best of luck on your journey!
  • pbjelly524
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I only have one friend on here so far. And I have been where you are. It is tough, but you can do it! Find something active that you enjoy doing and is convenient, I used to swim when I got home from work because the apartment I lived in had a pool and I love swimming. You can also start by just making small changes to what you're eating. My vices are ice cream and dr pepper! lol. So instead of soda I started drinking more water and I found I really like the Arizona Diet Blueberry Green Tea (which has 5 calories as opposed to 100 and something). I used to take a walk on my lunch break at work with a group of gals, it really helped to get out from behind the desk like that!
    Just find ways to start small and be consistent! You can do it!!
  • alynk
    alynk Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome back! I have been on the journey for years it seems. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you want some added support!