Tattoos and piercings

Options

Replies

• dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options
    tattoos make you who you are. i dont think i hide behind them, just cant wait to get more. with a better bod of course!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I didnt get the Tat I wanted years ago because I didnt want gravity to affect its shape and/or location...
    LMAO... I dated a girl who had a tattoo of Tweety Bird. I saw her a while back... Two kids and 50 lbs later Tweety Bird now resembles Big Bird!

ROFL. My father in law's ex girlfriend/baby mama has her ex(or maybe still) husband's name tattooed on her shoulder and my father in law's name tattooed on her neck. He told her if her trashy *kitten* got anymore names she'd look like she'd be NASCAR racecar.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    i have mine on my hip. its pretty much on the bone so hopefully not too much damage will ever come from having a kid or two. i got my belly button pierced when i was 19. had it in for almost 6 years and it randomly decided to get infected. its been about a year or so since and i'd like to get it redone once i lose some more weight. i only want one more tattoo..angel wings around the shoulder blade area.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    i have mine on my hip. its pretty much on the bone so hopefully not too much damage will ever come from having a kid or two. i got my belly button pierced when i was 19. had it in for almost 6 years and it randomly decided to get infected. its been about a year or so since and i'd like to get it redone once i lose some more weight. i only want one more tattoo..angel wings around the shoulder blade area.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    oops...didn't mean to post twice. computer didn't register the first time so i hit post again. :ohwell:
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that I've gotten my tattoos or my piercings to hide. It's just part of who I am. I do plan on getting more, but want to fix the work I currently have before starting anything new. Need to get down to the weight I want first....then it's new ink time! Yay!
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I never get a chance to get a good tan and always end up with the farmer tan, so my goal is to just cover my upper body from my elbows up and down to my waist. I have one half sleeve done and the other is on its way and starting a back piece later this year. I feel like I haven't really been comfortable showing my tattoos until recently so kinda the opposite it guess. I don't feel like I'm hiding behind them, but I will feel better about showing them because of the weight loss, almost like being heavy was making me hide or not show my tattoos. I also have my chest pierced and I'll be more excited to take my shirt off when I put some muscle on. I dig the gauges, but wouldn't have them myself, just not my thing. I actually have been making them out of wood for a bunch of tattoo artists lately. The biggest ones were 1-7/8".
  • geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds and I'm getting a nose ring, 15, I'm getting a tattoo!

i got my nose done this past weekend had it done about 5 years ago took it out for sinus surgery and it closed but have it again love it
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I didnt get the Tat I wanted years ago because I didnt want gravity to affect its shape and/or location...
    LMAO... I dated a girl who had a tattoo of Tweety Bird. I saw her a while back... Two kids and 50 lbs later Tweety Bird now resembles Big Bird!

ROFL. My father in law's ex girlfriend/baby mama has her ex(or maybe still) husband's name tattooed on her shoulder and my father in law's name tattooed on her neck. He told her if her trashy *kitten* got anymore names she'd look like she'd be NASCAR racecar.

Unless it's your kids I just don't get the name thing. I love my husband and I think I'll be with him forever, but I really honestly believe if I get his name tattooed on me (or vice-versa) it will inevitably end in disaster. I used to date a tattoo artist and one day I was in his shop and an 18 year old kid came in to get his girlfriends name tattooed on him. The ENTIRE staff was trying to talk him out of it with the girl standing right there. One of the artists even offered to draw it on him everyday with a sharpy if he wanted it. He still got it. She had some really long name too, like Natasha. I wonder how that's going.
  • gog427
    gog427 Posts: 82
    Options
    HAha only you Brett...
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    I became my tattoos as well it gave people something to talk about and as I live in small town Texas people really like to talk lol
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would say that I HIDE behind my tattoos but with every new one I feel closer to what I feel I should have been born with?? I know it sounds odd but seriously... I don;t even notice my tattoos because they feel like they complete me.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Man like you didn't know I was a weirdo and our game of words with friends has gone epic
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I became my tattoos as well it gave people something to talk about and as I live in small town Texas people really like to talk lol

I live in Texas too. I get more dirty looks/comments implying that what I've done is wrong, than not. The long drawn out 'Innnnnnteressssting'. Sometimes compliments on good work though. I think it's mostly because I live on the "bible belt", and it's not as common here as, say Austin or Dallas.

Oh well. :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I don't know if I would say that I HIDE behind my tattoos but with every new one I feel closer to what I feel I should have been born with?? I know it sounds odd but seriously... I don;t even notice my tattoos because they feel like they complete me.

EXACTLY what I was trying to say. :drinker:
  • gog427
    Options
    Man like you didn't know I was a weirdo and our game of words with friends has gone epic

Yep this may be highest scoring game ever! I'm guessing in 500
  • Brett_Alan
    Options

I live in Texas too. I get more dirty looks/comments implying that what I've done is wrong, than not. The long drawn out 'Innnnnnteressssting'. Sometimes compliments on good work though. I think it's mostly because I live on the "bible belt", and it's not as common here as, say Austin or Dallas.

I live just 20 miles away from Austin but it might as well be 1000 miles I have parents hide their kids from me lol
  • RachVR6
    Options

I live just 20 miles away from Austin but it might as well be 1000 miles I have parents hide their kids from me lol

I love those! The parents that grab their children by the wrist and drag them close to their side and walk to the opposite side of the aisle/street/whatever. :laugh:
  • gog427
    Options
    I wouldn't hide my kid from you."I just wouldn't leave my kid alone with you!" I'd be like you can talk to uncle Brett, but stay where I can see you. Jk man I'm sure there are many more things out there "worse then you"that will mess my kid up!
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    The kids are like wow that looks cool and the parents hide them it's hilarious