Stomach Growling!

Options
penny39
penny39 Posts: 266 Member
I don't remember my stomach growling in a long time and in the last week or so it has happened three times. It's in between meals usually a few hours after lunch and a hour or so before dinner. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Does it mean I am doing something right and my metabolisem is working again or does it mean I am doing something wrong and going into starvation mode?

Replies

• lydjn
    lydjn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine Growls too specially after I eat...lol Not sure if it is a good thing or bad.:wink:
  • CSM01
    CSM01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel hungry still even after I've eaten, but I'm sure I'm eating less (plus exercising more) so maybe my body is just trying to get used to all this?

I don't always feel hungry after eating though. Plus I guess it also depends how much I have eaten, and when I snack I try to have healthy things at least (recently graze box items and yoghurts).
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're not eating, I'd say you're hungry. If you're eating then you probably have some good digestion going on. It's normal to hear noise but usually it's not loud enough to hear without a stethoscope. If it's happening all the time, you might want to talk to your doctor and see if there are any other symptoms or risk factors for GI diseases or distress going on. If it's just the noise, then it's probably nothing to worry about.
  • RLBRIGHT
    RLBRIGHT Posts: 6
    Options
    I have noticedmy stomach makingnoice too. I think it's just the change in diet and exercise. Just my opinion though. Because I wasn't hungry when it was grawling.
  • LoraLuck
    LoraLuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I buy this "starvation mode"; unless you are taking it too extremes everyday. Our bodies are designed to bounce back quickly. You stomach growling is a good thing though it means that your body is asking for food. Give it a small meal and it will quiet quicker than you think :)

It is frustrating that we have to "retrain" ourselves in order to eat healthy. The hardest part of eating better, at least for me, was finding out just how much my body needed to eat. I had to focus really hard and put in a lot of effort but after a week it got a lot easier. If you only eat when you are hungry and stop soon after (to give your body time to react to the food) your body has no need to hold on the excess weight.

Getting to the basics, a slower metabolism just means your body needs less than that of someone with a faster metabolism. It is all about listening to what your body tells you, regardless of calories. Calories are just a guideline of portion size. If you are not hungry in the morning, don't force yourself to eat breakfast because "it jumpstarts your metabolism".

If your body isn't asking for food it does not need it. Feed yourself something healthy when it asked for food.
  • kmsuess1995
    Options
    To avoid these "starvation" modes you need to keep your protein at 60g a day and 30-35% of good fats and complex carbs. Each meal needs to be balanced between your fats,carbs & protein. Your protein should not exceed your good fats & complex carbs. Good sources of these, w/ each meal, would be adding 9 almonds, or 1/2 cup berries, or 1tbsp of almond butter to multi grain oatmeal, etc....