Pills/Supplementation

Options
Was wondering if anybody uses any weight loss supplements or pills along with a good diet and exercise. Are there ones you would recommend or avoid? Why do you like the one you use? I'm looking for advice on vitamins, shakes, or any other addition you add to your diet and exercise regimen. Thanks!

I currently eat a 1200 calorie/day vegan diet and work out at least 3 times a week with kettlebells.

Replies

• lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi! I take a multi-vitamin & calcium pill every day. Love the Special K Protein drinks, too!:drinker:
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    WHOO HOO KETTLEBELLS! :) If you're buildling muscle, flax seed is a great one. Being a vegan, have you considered an Omega supplement? The Omegas are usually found in fish and healthy fats, and I'm guessing you might not be getting much. :) Plus it helps a LOT with relieving post-swinging muscle ache! Other than that, I generally just take a good multi-vitamin, and Vitamin D (I live way up north, and we're generally deficient in the winter/spring months.)

I drink a whey-based protein shake three times a day for protein supplement, but it has micellar casein in it, so I'm not sure how you would feel about that (it's generally a dairy by-product).
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i know its looked down upon on here...BUT I use USP labs oxyelite twice a day and I LOVE it. It curbs my hunger and is a great thermogenic (so only use it if u wanna sweat off those pounds when working out!!)

I also take acidophilus, a multivitamin, calcium, and half of an iron supplement. The last 2 were reccomended by my physician...and especially with iron...dont take them just out of the blue without consulting your doc!!

Good luck in your journey...feel free to add me or PM me with Qs about it ;o)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I do take a vegan Omega-3 supplement made from flax and raspberry oils currently, but I'm looking for something that might help with speeding up the weight loss process...any advice there??
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I used controlled labs REDuction for a couple weeks back in Feb when I did my cut. Worked great for appetite suppression. And there is an AM and PM shot (drink not injection). The PM was great, I slept amazing.

www.controlledlabs.com or bodybuilding.com would probably have a deal on them.

great stuff. I've tried a few of their products and loved them.

I've also tried Thermolyn but it was too heavy on the stims, and made me nervous.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'd say definitely get some Omega 3 sups like fish oil. Typically our diet consists of WAY too much Omega 6's and not enough 3's. It'll help maintain a proper balance of your essential fatty acids.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    when i was yunger i used xenadrin...went to hospital cuz I got very crazy!!
    I tried slimquick pills like 4 years ago helped curve appetite but if you want to lose weight you need to eat so I dont see a point on hunger suppressants:huh:

Now I just take a multi chew and calcium chew
    barely started on the CoQ10 chew...it helps burn more calories!!:love:
    vitamins are better than any crazy pill out there...so be careful they will do more harm later on in life

I only do 100%whey from EAS.....:happy:
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I should also add I'm not looking for a magic DIET pill...more of a vitamin/pill. I tried the One-A-Day Vitamin geared toward weight management, and it made me vomit about 30 minutes after taking it each time I took it. Are there specific vitamins/minerals I should focus on making part of my daily routine?
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Like I said above, Omega 3's. I'd add a multivitamin to make sure you get all your Vit C, D, E, etc. It doesn't have to be one geared towards weight loss, just one that has a balanced mineral profile. And make sure you get plenty of your essential amino acids.
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I took the One a Day Multivitamin geared towards weightloss and I was throwing up too....Sooooooooooo weird!!! I wonder why?!?!?!