Time to get my body back!

Options
Hey all!

It seems like you've got a fantastic community here and I feel better having joined yesterday. I'm a first time Mom with a 15 month old who is ready for a change. Before getting pregnant, I hoovered around 155lbs on my 5'8" frame, which was nice. As of last week when I was weighed at my doctor, I was 207.

My husband is such a trooper and says he loves me at any size, but I'm ready for him to have his 'wife' back. Also, it was okay for the first year of my Son's life for me to justify, "Oh, I'm a new mom..." But almost a year and a half later, I have no real excuse. Though I do have a 100% sedentary desk job 40 hours a week, I've recently joined a gym and hired a Personal Trainer.

Finally getting moving again along with MFP should hopefully make me feel like a woman again and not just a Mom. I look forward to getting to see all of your progress and maybe you'll see some of mine too!

Replies

• beachcomber99
    beachcomber99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard! This is a great site and really perfect for logging your meals and exercise to keep you on track. Plus the support system is genuine and helpful. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first steps. Some people never even get that far! Welcome, and you can do this.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn. Congrats on joining and getting ready to get healthy. This is a great community - lots of support all around. I have a long way to go to give my husband his 'wife' back, but I'm sure that with the support I get here I can do it. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • JennHas2Ns
    Options
    Thank you so much! :smile:

Seeing everyone's tickers in their signatures is so inspiring. I am really looking forward to sticking with this and supporting my peers in their journey.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I gained about 50 lbs also when I was pregnant. My son is now 19 months.
  • Jennrz
    Jennrz Posts: 32
    Options
    Congratulations on taking all the steps you have! I also am new here, but have been on my weight loss journey for a bit. It is a slow and steady achievement and I am so proud! Places like MFP really help with the journey! I can't wait to see your progress and hear all your triumphs!
  • xxsdh7xx
    xxsdh7xx Posts: 10
    Options
    I am in high school and weigh 275 pounds, and just now hitting me, I will be here cheering you on and supporting you!! (: