HRM??

Options
I want to buy a real accurate HRM monitor. Does anyone have one that they would recommend me getting? Thank you!

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    basically anything Polar with a chest strap. I have the ft7 and I love love love it!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and love love love it tooooo!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    basically anything Polar with a chest strap. I have the ft7 and I love love love it!

^ my opinion is the same! Love my FT7!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Addendum:

Dont bother getting anything other than a polar. Everyone I know that tried to save money by getting a cheaper one has been very very sorely disappointed! If you gotta save for a while and go with the calories burned they give you on here I would definatly recommend that!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've had a Polar F11 since 2007. I just had the batteries in the watch and the transmitter (chest strap) replaced and it works fabulously!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Check out reviews on Amazon.com. I wanted one where I could change my own battery. I love, love, love my Timex Zone Trainer.
  • WifeMomDVM
    Options
    It was $60 on Amazon! :)
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree with the polar. I started out with a bowflex and hated it- got myself a polar f4. Which is super simple, it basically has just what i need: clock, calories, and the ability to do new training sessions to monitor the calories just in that session, and it saves previous sessions. If you just want the simple stuff i would reccommend that one, just to save the extra money that the upgrades cost.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar is good.. But I heard that there is Timex one that was recommended highly by consumer reports. You may want to look into that too.
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought a more expensive MIO model that I hate...don't waste your money there. However, my husband bought a $40-50 Timex one that is very easy to use and is far more reliable than mine....its a Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch $42 on Amazon.com. Counts time worked, ave heart rate...highest level and number of calories..etc. Just the basics, but it seems to do the job!
  • WifeMomDVM
    Options
    Polar is good.. But I heard that there is Timex one that was recommended highly by consumer reports. You may want to look into that too.

Timex Zone Trainer

Ok - I will leave everyone alone now! :bigsmile:
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's input! Definitely helped me out :)