I did it!! I lost 102lbs! (w/pics, of course)

Options

Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I just joined yesterday, I have over 50 pounds to lose. I am currently 182 and my 'goal' is 130. Maybe even 120, I was 118 when I got married in 1992. I've been overweight for so many years now that I don't think I even know what it's like to 'feel good' anymore. When you wrote about 'choosing to be fat' and explained it, I got tears in my eyes, because you described EXACTLY what has happened to me recently. About 2 weeks ago, something clicked, and I knew that this is the year that I am going to lose this weight. It might take me all year, and that's ok. But I've finally made the decision to NOT make excuses any more......I've spent the last 15 years thinking about losing weight, and slowly gaining every year. 15 years of choosing to be overweight. No more!

You look great, and are a true inspiration!

Thank you so much! All of your comments about my story really chokes me up! The clicking in my mind was the most significant moment for me. Good Luck!
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You must feel incredible, you definitely look it! I loved reading your story and it's amazing to see what true hard work can achieve. You literally worked your butt off and the results are truly inspiring. I have my kids to help motivate me, but seeing your success gives me that extra boost I need. Congrats! It seems you're truly living your life and enjoying it.
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing, inspiring and motivating all in one! Congratulations to you! You should be VERY proud of yourself.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    You are truly inspirational! Sounds like you have a real winner of a husband too. Best of luck to you!

I absolutely do! Thank you :)
  • k2d4p
    Options
    "I don’t mean diet cardboard tasting quarter inch size crap either. I mean Duncan Hines extra chewy double Hershey chunk brownies and I eat a full size piece."

Love this.

You are an amazing inspiration and you look incredible! Kudos to you!

This was one of the most important things I realized. Eat what you want, just be smart about it!. Thank you!
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    I teared up a few times reading that...thank you. You are truly an inspiration. Amazing job!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! BRAVO!!
  • amandatechie
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. If you can do it, then so can I. I'm sooooooooooooooo happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • k2d4p
    Options
    This will be my last reply to my own post. I want to say that I really appreciate all of the responses both to my blog and to this post. Everyone has been so kind with there words to me. I am so grateful to all who took the time to read my story. I hope I am able to help a few people. I also want to thank everyone for the kind messages and friend requests. I am so happy that I found this website and I know that I will stay here for awhile. Thank you all again!:flowerforyou:
  • grocha2010
    grocha2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! Loved reading your blog! Congrats....you look fantastic!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    Amazing job! You look GREAT! :D
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing all that weight. You pictures and blog are really inspiring. Thank you.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story and pics!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Wow -Awesome!
  • loopyrach
    loopyrach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow just read ur blog well done to u! U are an inspiration xx
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration! I have at least 75 more lbs. to lose, and have been very overwhelmed with the road ahead of me. Thanks for posting this - I know if I keep working hard, I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel, too!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just read your blog...You are A-Mazing!!!! Such an Inspiration!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :flowerforyou: You're an inspiration to us all :bigsmile:
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration and you should be so proud. I think the biggest gift we can give our children is to be healthy. You are a great role model to them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!