Crispy Rice Protein Bars

Options
These protein bars taste like a combination of cinnamon buns and Rice Crispy Squares -- I'm not even kidding! And at 100 calories each, they're a decent post-workout snack. :)

Read the recipe here: http://natashakay.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/crispy-rice-protein-bars/

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Thanx for sharing :smile:
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Off to look at the recipie... sounds like something the kids would like too!
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    Yeah, my kids DEVOUR them. And the hubs loves them, too. :)
  • janac17
    janac17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm actually excited to make these. I make a lot of versions of protein pancakes. I'll have to post my recipe up tomorrow! Thanks for the post.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    those look amazing! Will def. have to make some! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • Domestica
    Options
    I'm actually excited to make these. I make a lot of versions of protein pancakes. I'll have to post my recipe up tomorrow! Thanks for the post.

I love protein pancakes -- make sure you message me with your posts so I can see them! :)

And for the record, I just made a batch of these and overcooked them so they didn't stick like bars but made an interesting granola! LOL!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump

nom.nom.nom. sounds great!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    did anybody figure out the nutritional info for these yet? i only see the calories listed on her blog..
  • ptoutain1
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I am going hiking on Sunday and was looking for a good snack high in protein. These sound good, i can't wait to try them.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heididormanen
    Options
    I make a ton of protein/cereal bars.. they are just ridiculously expensive and the whole fmaily loves them but everyone likes different ones..

So we make a little buffet and make them up..

For the base I use 1 cup of fiber one cereal and 1 cup of whole grain oats
    for the glue (and this is totally adjustable) 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 tablsoons of butter and honey (microwave until liquid)

then add anything you want.. I like dried pomaranite, coconut and mini chocolate chips - My husband doesn't like the pompgranites but we put macadamia nuts in his, the youngest doesn't like coconut so we add dried blueberries.

Once it is all mixed up good. I smush it really well into a 9x9 pan, cover with press and seal and let it harden in the fride for about 30 minutes. Cut them into bar shapes (about 6-8 for each batch) then I put them in a sandwich bag and put them all in a bigger bag in the fridge. My teenager eats one for breakfast and then anothe for an afternoon snack. They have about 300 calries, 9 grams of fiber, 9 grams of protein and I think about 30grams of carbs but that would change depnding on your mixins.
  • Domestica
    Options
    did anybody figure out the nutritional info for these yet? i only see the calories listed on her blog..

Good question!

I added this as a recipe on MFP and it came up with this:

Per Serving: 113 calories 13g carbs 7g fat 2g protein

The fat might seem high but keep in mind that it comes ENTIRELY from coconut oil, coconut, and flax -- all VERY good sources of GOOD fat. :) I'm a bit shocked that it's only 2 g of protein though -- surprising since it uses protein powder!