Ricotta Cheese Dessert

Options
jordo5150
jordo5150 Posts: 1 Member
I have been dying for sweets, and I had read that Ricotta cheese could be used to make some good desserts. I was EXTREMELY skeptical but it was actually really good! Here is how I make it

1/2 Cup Part Slim Ricotta Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Sugar in the Raw
1/2 Tablespoon Light Chocolate Syrup
Dash of skim milk.

It ends up being about 200 Calories, and is very filling/satisfying.

I toss it in the magic bullet and eat it like a mousse. Any suggestions from you guys on way to make it better/healthier (while still kicking the sweet craving!)

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That sounds deadly! Thanks for the share! :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Try adding different flavors of sugar free pudding mix to it (dry pudding mix, not ready made pudding). Most SF pudding mixes only have about 25 calories per serving. So many flavors... chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, pistachio... really good and try adding a few chopped walnuts or some natural PB with it. Oh, and frozen berries are really good in it as well!

I found a brand that is fat free and only 60 calories for a half cup, Calabro is the brand.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    My version is similar. I use cocoa powder and a litle stevia instead of the syrup, add little vanilla extract and about a tablespoon of greek yogurt. I also eat only 1/4 cup per serving, but add "bulk", by stirring in some fresh strawberries. Brings the calorie count down to about 62 calories (without the strawberries). My husband & I call it our "chocolate fix" dessert.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    BUMP... see someone asking for ideas for ricotta.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The filling in the Italian pastry cannoli is made up of ricotta, vanilla or amaretto flavoring, and powdered sugar!! That's why these ideas are so tasty......
  • bizybee29
    bizybee29 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this one out! thanks!
  • bizybee29
    bizybee29 Posts: 27
    Options
    mmm sounds really good! thanks for the post!