Will I ever feel comfortable with how I look no matter how "

Options
I am starting to think I am never going to feel confident, sexy, or stop thinking that people are staring at me thinking I am "too fat"! I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin. Does anyone else feel like this? I have changed my goals 4 times because I get close to that goal and start thinking I still have alot of weight I need to loose. I have lost 50 lbs and I sit and think that is alot of weight why don't I look smaller than I do? So I hope that 15 more lbs will get me feeling great about myself. I don't want to feel sad that i lost all this weight and don't look great! I want to be proud of all this hard work and changes I have done! I hate not having anyone to understand what I'm going through. My husband and family just say " you look wonderful" " kara your never going to get the stomach you want" " I don't want to hear it, you make me feel fat" " your not built to be skinny". I am suppose to believe these people when for 2 years they didn't tell me the truth when I was borderline OBESE and said i looked fine for having 2 kids! Ok I think I'm done venting now!!!!!

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Kara

You've done such a wonderful job at losing all that weight, and now you need to do some work on a more honest and reliable body-image. This is work you must do for a sustainable weight-loss, and you have certainly learnt that it cannot come from other people (who see you through their own skewed lense too).

Now is the time to ditch all the negative self-talk and love and nourish and nurture the wonderful person you are. You are enough and you are awesome.

GG
  • jamiefire7
    Options
    I feel the same way most of the time. Especially after a week couple of days or... well most of the time. I hate it too. I feel obsessed with it sometimes. I really think that it is body dismorphic disorder. I have lost over a hundred pounds in the last 4 or so years and now I have gained back like 15-20 pounds and I stress about it CONSTANTLY!!! I think that people in our shoes do need to get it together. Easier said than done I know!! But I really don't think the way we view ourselves is accurate. Keep working hard and maybe get a little councelling regarding your feelings. I am not sure that you can feel better about it on your own. Only because it sounds like you get to a healthy goal and want to go further to feel better. That can lead to very unhealthy weights/goals. Good Luck!!!
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You have to train your mind to stop thinking "I am fat", or "I am not thin enough" etc, you may keep losing weight and never be happy, I know this from experience. It's about training the mind to stop thinking negatively about yourself, and when you run past a mirror saying "hey I look great!" I know it seems awkward or crazy but it does help the mind to let go of those terrible thoughts of being fat and unattractive.
  • antzlady01
    Options
    Kara,

I know exactly how you feel. Going from 184 lbs to 127lbs , I still feel fat some days. Its a struggle. I walk in a room sometimes think everyone is staring at me. And instead of thinking its because I look nice, I think negative. I know I wont have the perfect body. So I had to find out what the perfect body for me was. Taking pictures of myself helped. I compared them to my old pictures and realized I have come a long way. Just stay confident. Losing weight can be challanging both physically and mentally. Feel free to friend me.:flowerforyou: