Hungry after exercise???

Options
It seems like I have been able to have a good control over the amount and the kind of food I have been eating since started this program, but lately I feel famished and starved after a good workout which is making go over my allowed number of daily calories.
Should I just watch my diet and put workingout on hold for now or is it better to still workout and eat more?

Replies

• AbbieK06
    AbbieK06 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm always hungry after I work out. I allot some calories for a post workout snack, something that will fill me up. I plan it out ahead of time so I won't go over my calories for the day.
  • jamiefire7
    Options
    I would not put your workouts on hold. I too feel very hungry after I work out. Especially if I work out early in the morning. I think that maybe tweaking what you eat would be beneficial. I try to eat a light snack before I go too. Fruit or veggies. Very light. This seems to keep me more satisfied. Also make sure that you are eating foods that stick with you for a while. Higher protein foods. I definitely would not stop working out though. That is key!!!
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    Exercise burns fat and builds muscle - which in turns also burns fat. I think it's best to still work out and provide your body the fuel it needs to keep up with your workouts!
  • HunnieM
    HunnieM Posts: 37
    Options
    continue to workout! it's actually good to eat something after a workout to help repair your muscles and whatnot! I usually have a handful of dry plain cheerios. There' certain foods you should eat after a workout, you can alsways search them up!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    It's normal to be hungry after a good workout... your body needs fuel! Are you eating your exercise calories? If not, then use these calories for a snack. You need to incorporate a snack into your calories for the day when you know your going to workout. Protein is good. My favourite is chocolate milk!
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry after you exercise, try eating a small amount of protein after your workout. Its important to fuel your body after the workout just be sure to eat something sensible :-) Keep up the good work!
  • dankarlinski
    Options
    one thing to look into are the Zero calorie foods. mostly vegetables. the few that i know are: lettuce, asparagus, and cucumber. basically, the calories you consume from eating them are used up to break them down during digestion, hence zero calorie. now, granted the are not very filling, but it will quiet up a grumbly stomach.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I exercise before my dinner so I eat afterwards because I start to get hungry about 3 so I start getting ready to leave, buy the time I get there its about 3:30 4 and I am there about 90 min then come home time for dinner
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I exercise before mealtimes too, it seems to work pretty well, especially if I have a lot of veggies etc for dinner (then I can eat a lot!) and some protein.

If I can't time my workout before a meal I usually have a snack afterwards with some protein and a whole grain/high fiber snack (such as Triscuts or 1/2 a whole wheat English muffin and/or fruit) then I drink a few glasses of water to help it feel like more food and rehydrate after the workout. Good luck!
  • gsallit
    gsallit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all your advices and wonderful thoughts and ideas, I will definitely plan my meals, snacks and the time when I workout, I appreciate each and every comment!!!