Planned menu for the day but.....

Options
I'm completely stuffed and almost sick to my stomach. I had planned to have an orange for my evening snack, but I can't even think about food. Has anyone else ever had this happen?? Maybe someone can check my diary for me and tell me if a certain food did this to me? Thanks :) I'm just over 1200 calories, so I know I shouldn't be this full....

Replies

• Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    If you're exercising eat more in the morning to account for it. After I work out I feel so bloated usually at night then don't want to eat ahaha.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to spread your calories out more. You gained almost 800 from exercise and you should be eating most, if not all of those back. Have a bigger breakfast and lunch and you won't want to/need to eat so much later in the day.

Also, you should eat less processed foods, your sodium is high.
  • helenamonks
    helenamonks Posts: 176
    Options
    Enjoy it today, most nights I plan not to eat anything after fruit x... then i am STARVING if I stay up too late and I am REQUIRED to eat b/c if i don't I cant sleep.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to spread your calories out more. You gained almost 800 from exercise and you should be eating most, if not all of those back. Have a bigger breakfast and lunch and you won't want to/need to eat so much later in the day.

Spread them out more? I've been trying to get it to where I'm not eating a 500 calorie dinner, so I thought they were already pretty well spread out. I figured 100-300 calories per meal was perfect.....but I'm still learning so I could be wrong with that...
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    100-300 calories for a meal seems very low! My meals are between 300-450ish. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you want to have 3 meals and 2 snacks you could aim for three 300 cal meals and 2 two 150 snacks. Lets say you exercise and burn 500 calories, up each meal a bit and have a little extra after a workout.

As for not feeling hungry, sometimes when I exercise too much, I feel quite sick and it feels like i'm full
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    100-300 calories for a meal seems very low! My meals are between 300-450ish. If your calorie goal is 1200 and you want to have 3 meals and 2 snacks you could aim for three 300 cal meals and 2 two 150 snacks. Lets say you exercise and burn 500 calories, up each meal a bit and have a little extra after a workout.

As for not feeling hungry, sometimes when I exercise too much, I feel quite sick and it feels like i'm full

Well, I am considering my snacks as meals...so technically I am having 5-6 small meals a day, this way I am getting my 1200 calories in.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do you normally eat the fiber bars? They make some people feel bloated.
  • danni31487
    Options

I agree with the exercise part there has been times when I worked out i felt sick and i didnt eat until the next meal! Accoridng to my personal trainer it is very important to eat something right after especially anything with alot of protein like egg whites, yogurt for example even if your not hungry you should :). Over all I seen your dairy looks like ur on the right path! :)
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Do you normally eat the fiber bars? They make some people feel bloated.

They aren't normally an every day thing. Usually every other day, or it depends on how busy my day is. It's a good quick snack on the go.