does anyone else have this problem?

Options
I am have lost a total of 35 pounds and thought I derseved a treat so i took myself out for mexican food last week. I have always been a sucker for anything smothered in sauce so I was very exited but shortly after eating I felt very sick and stayed sick all day. I thought mybe something was wrong with food but the same thing happened this morning. I had a well deserved donut and hot chocolate and now I feel horribly sick.

Replies

• lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am have lost a total of 35 pounds and thought I derseved a treat so i took myself out for mexican food last week. I have always been a sucker for anything smothered in sauce so I was very exited but shortly after eating I felt very sick and stayed sick all day. I thought mybe something was wrong with food but the same thing happened this morning. I had a well deserved donut and hot chocolate and now I feel horribly sick.
  • rainysoul
    Options
    If you had completely taken that stuff out of your diet, and replaced with..... whatever was healthy.
    Your body went in sort of a shock for awhile, and adjusted. Now, you are reshocking your body with the crap you took away.. .diffrence being, its the bad stuff.. and it knows it.
    It liked the good stuff, and wants to know why you are putting that crap back in... so its going to help ya, but getting rid of it.. quickly ...

After awhile, it will adjust again.. but do you really want it to?
  • createsure
    Options
    Exactly!
    Stop poisoning yourself with so-called "treats".... don't they taste gross now??
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    First - DON'T REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD!!

Your not bustin' yer buns to slowly make them get jiggly again!! Pick a new reward, PRONTO! Nobody "deserves" a nasty, fat-and-oil laden heart clogging donut, ESPECIALLY not YOU!! Treat yourself to a new perfume or a new pair of jeans. If these aren't in your budget, then the dollar store or 99 cent store may have a nifty sumthin sumthin. Not your thing? Thrift stores can be fun, too. Buy something off the hook or completely against your style, you may love it! Prefer something that doesn't cost money? Reward yourself with a special phone call to an old friend, or go to a local playground and play like you did when you were 7, swing on the swings and go down the slide. Even better, convince a friend to go with you! There are a million other great (and great-for-you) rewards out there, find yours!
    Best of luck to you, and keep up the good work!
  • lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I guess food was not the appropriate reward and that was what my body was trying to tell me. My clothes have been falling off of me so I think a new outfit is in order.

Thanks for the advise. Best of luck to everyone:bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I guess food was not the appropriate reward and that was what my body was trying to tell me. My clothes have been falling off of me so I think a new outfit is in order.

Thanks for the advise. Best of luck to everyone:bigsmile:

a new outfit is a much better reward and it will actually make you feel good too!

anytime I fill up with bad stuff I feel horrible for the rest of the day and usually very sluggish the following day. I have decided that it is not worth it.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did that last Easter- I went overboard on the Easter Candy after not having any for a long time- SICK as a dog. Man alive! I used to be able to eat an entire bag, now after a couple of handfuls, I was sick!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Yes, this has happened to me before too. I am not a dr. but I noticed that my body is no longer used to high fat foods and when I eat them I pay for it! I take it as a big hint from my body that it likes the other "fuel" better.

Hope you are feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • karathrace
    Options
    That's good!!! Your body encourages you to eat well!:)
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    I, much like yourself, love to treat myself with something saucy and greasy like mexican food (i'm from san antonio so i pretty much grew up on mexican food, which is also why i'm overweight today..) anywho a while back i decided to work out and diet and i was sticking to it and doing so good that i decided to reward myself with some mexican food since it had been a while, and man for an entire day after that i had horribly indigestion and stomach pains and just did not feel good AT ALL.....i think my body just wasn't used to having all that at once after not having it for so long
  • mytys1969
    Options
    I think I did that tonight for dinner. Thought I would treat my self to a small peice of steak with my family since I had been eating very healthy the last two weeks and now I feel real sick. I deffinatly am not going to do that again:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: