Losing interest

Options
i have been doing this for 2 months i have lost the same 2 pounds 3 times. I lose 2 i gain too.. amy advice would be great

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    open up your diary so we can see what is going on food wise!!
  • clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Keep trying!!!! We will all do this together!!:smile:
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating/suggested? and how often are you working out? you should work out more and try to burn 300calories each time
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You have to set concrete goals.... why do you want this.

Dont just say I want to be thin..... WHY do you want to be thin? What are you going to do to acheive it?
    What are you willing to sacrfice and what arent you willing to sacrifice?
    What do you do for exercise and do you enjoy it... get out there and move and the rest will follow I promise!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    lets see your diary
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    Do you log everything? Are you exercising enough? Either way, don't give up, sometimes our bodies just have to fight us, eventually if you push through it, our bodies give in.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best advice I can give is examine whether or not you are really ready to do this. You are better off accepting the weight you are at rather than suffering the emotional ups an downs of not being successful. When you are truly ready to make the committment and focus on your goal, you'll see progress. That doesn't mean you will lose each and every week or that you will be perfect in following a healthy lifestyle, there will still be ups and downs. But with true committment you will see consistent, sustained positive results overall.

Good luck.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    friends.
    add them
    what are the eating?
    how often are they exercising?
    they'll support you and help you thru the tough times.

Good luck :heart:
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    make your diary visible to everyone... the reason i say to do this is because if everyone can see your diary, they can help you figure out what you are doing wrong. I have been on my journey for 2 years and counting. August will mark 2 1/2 years! :) I lost 24.3 lbs in ONE year, maintained my weight the 2nd year (not on purpose -- i tried to lose weight but couldn't get myself to for some reason), and I am trying to lose the remaining 15-19 lbs that I have left, and so far I have lost 4 more lbs since I started MFP back in March to give me a weight loss of 26.5 lbs. Yes I gained some of my weight back in the 2nd year, so I was a little behind from where I left off in my first year. Good Luck!!! Hope someone can help you figure it out! You will get yourself to where you want to be at some point! Don't give up!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    open up your diary so we can see what is going on food wise!!

Exactly.

The point of having an open diary, is so everybody can help each other and make suggestions.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Doing what, exactly? MFP is just a tracking tool. By itself, it does nothing.

What is your plan? How are you approaching your fitness?

I've done my share of yo-yo-ing. It isn't fun. People tell me to try this or that. Mostly what they say does not work, either because they are significantly younger or have an entirely different lifestyle.

But I keep trying.

Check out the 17-day diet plan and see if moving on to another method will help jumpstart your progress.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Giving up only allows you to go back to Step 1 - which is something you already overcame.

The more time & effort you put in.. the better results you'll see.

I sent you a friend request & personal message - I hope & pray that you keep at it!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You have to set concrete goals.... why do you want this.

Dont just say I want to be thin..... WHY do you want to be thin? What are you going to do to acheive it?
    What are you willing to sacrfice and what arent you willing to sacrifice?
    What do you do for exercise and do you enjoy it... get out there and move and the rest will follow I promise!

listen to her - she's awesome inspiration :)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    dont give up:))
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It has taken me awhile to get the scale moving in the right direction. I do different exercises one after another. I go from ab glider to elliptical and back and forth. I throw walks in also. I have been trying to do 30 or more minutes everyday. Since I have been doing that the scale has been going down. My biggest thing was I love to eat at night. I would undo all the work I did all day by eating all night. I have been trying to stop that. All I can say is keep trying. I know it can be discouraging, but don't throw in the towel yet.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes, share what your eating and what you're doing for exercise. That will help a lot!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    friends.
    add them
    what are the eating?

Trust this woman she knows what she's talkin about!!! Add her she is really weird but strangely supportive.....
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    OMG! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

I have been the same weight for about 3 weeks now, which is only 3 pounds lower than my starting weight! :(

I'm feeling healthier and don't intend to give up (yet), but it is becoming a struggle! I have friends on here and they don't seem to know what to suggest. Anyone else have any tips?

I hope the scales get moving for you soon! :)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    friends.
    add them
    what are the eating?

Trust this woman she knows what she's talkin about!!! Add her she is really weird but strangely supportive.....

and that woman likes to be smacked around and told when she's being naughty :love:
  • hemiltonfleming
    Options
    I personally use Zija products and my Zija review is a positive one as the effect Zija products has had on my health has been a Godsend. I am on a mission to spread the word about the company and its products in hopes that it will help others as it has helped me.

Zija weightloss