honest feedback---> is there a such thing as too thin?

Options
I need some honest feedback. Currently I am 5'4" and around 110 lbs. My family is concerned about my weight because they think I don't look good. I think I look fine. These are some recent pictures of me. Do I look thin or sickly? Honest feedback would help and be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk312/jess3582_photo/honest feedback please/179216_1601145592928_1364700123_31453045_2009264_n.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk312/jess3582_photo/honest feedback please/0412012153.jpg

Replies

• jesslkristoff
    Options
    I guess you just copy and paste the link? I've never done this before. Sorry
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    there is definitely such a thing as too thin. and since you're asking for honest feedback, i say you're pushing it.

be healthy. be safe. and take care of yourself :)
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    on the first picture you look great. the second picture you look a little too thin in my opinion
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a thing as "TOO thin".

In these pictures, it is hard to tell if I think you are at the point of "TOO".

However, you do look very skinny! You asked for honest opinion -- You do not look like you have anything to spare. Go on "maintenance" mode at the very least. Do not lose any more weight.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is such a thing as too thin. It isn't my place to judge you, even though you have asked me to, but if your family who loves you is concerned, maybe you should talk to your doctor to see what he/she thinks.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I think there is. But its not a number. Its able the health of your body - its about the way you fit into your skin. Someone at 110 could still stand to lose weight where others could be extremely underweight.

I know aa lot of people lose perception when losing weight - thinking they are still fat or could lose a few pounds more even though they are not - even though they are very thin indeed. At this point is where it becomes a mental perception issue - which could need councelling.

I wish you the best!!!!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    In the first pic, you look just fine.. but the second pic.. uhm, isn't as flattering (?).. Sometimes it's just the angle at which they are taken, so I really can't give a very good opinion. If we just look at the first, I would say if you are happy with what God gave you, and you are eating just fine, then you are as perfect as you want to be. :)
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    have you looked at your BMI? also your bone structure...
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    There is such a think, but I think you look wonderful.
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is a such thing as too thin, but to define that would be different for each person. The key is happiness but making wise choices to maintain a good health.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 too. how old are you? I think our views change as we get older, like when I was 16 I thought stick thin was sexy, now @ 23 I think curves and muscle tone (not bone) is sexy. It all depends on the person, as long as you are healthy and eating good foods that equal a healthy calorie range and exercising, thats really all that matters.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    can't see the pictures - if your family is concerned, maybe go get a physical and see what a doctor says. If the doctor gives you a clean bill of health and says you are at a healthy weight then show your family whatever he gives you. If the doctor says you are too thin, you need to listen to that too :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i think you might want to ask a doctor. it's hard to tell from a photo.

there definitely is a "too thin" category. your collarbone looks excessively strong, but it could also be the way you are sitting. if your family is concerned, it's a fair warning. go talk with someone who truly knows.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    nvm :S
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    the thing is, everyone carries weight differently. looking at your pics, I don't think you should lose any more weight. You should concentrate more on building muscle and weight lifting if you want to still work on your body. Your body does not seem sickly, but your face seems to be a bit pale and maybe tired? Try taking/eating more vitamins. Are you eating enough?
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on this. I think you are pushing the "too thin" limit. Definitely don't lose any more weight! Maybe work on maintaining or building some muscle? I'm not a professional, this is just my opinion. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • kwarr1987
    kwarr1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Actually you are 7lbs underweight if you are 5'4", the appropriate weight for 5'4" is 117lb. and that is the absolute minimum.
  • jwillie92
    jwillie92 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am an honest person, first of all, it is hard to tell with the jacket on, but your collar bone looks a little sticky outy. That sounds funny, but you look fine, but don't lose anymore. There is such a thing as too thin, it causes bruises while being intimate - you know? We all need a little meat, look at it this way, if you look like a super model, you are too thin.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, in the first picture, you look like you're at a healthy weight...except for your arms. They look quite twiggy. In the second photo, however, you look very underweight to me. You are a beautiful girl! Please be careful. I definitely think you should make sure you don't lose any more, and you might even want to put on a little weight in a healthy way. Just my 2 cents! Probably better to check your BMI and your bodyfat percentage and also ask your doctor. Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Personally, I think it's borderline. The second photo concerned me a little bit; being able to see protruding collarbones and neck structure. Being 5'4" myself, I know that if I drop below 125 I start to look a little unhealthy, but I have a broader bone structure than you. This being an OPINION question, my OPINION would be to not drop any MORE. I don't necessarily think it's unhealthy, that's up to you (and your physician). If you have an issue with the weight itself, maybe you could put on some lean muscle, just to bring the scale up a bit healthily. How do you FEEL? Are you eating the requisite calories? Do you have enough energy? I'm assuming you're not losing hair or anything....

So what do YOU think?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!