Logging P90x Exercise

Options
I'm relatively new to MFP...I am doing the P90X lean workout and am actually wondering how I'd go about logging it into my exercises on here? Or can I not? It's hard to log the strength trainging and everything else cause I dont know how many reps of each thing I do since it's not an individual exercise.

Also, for those of you who are doing P90x, how's your results coming? I'd love to hear how everyones doing to help me keep motivated. It's hard sometimes cause I do the workout at night and am exhausted and just dont feel like doing it. I have to push myself to get up and do the workout. I'm also wondering if i was to skip a day and just double up the next on a work out? Suggestions on that?:wink:

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Log them under cardio. If you are using a heart rate monitor just put how many calories you burned.
    I did P90X over a year ago and got excellent results. Just keep pushing yourself. Try not to skip a workout and double up on the next day. The workouts are long enough as it is so you will probably be drained trying to fit 2 in.
    Just do your best and follow the nutrition plan
    Good luck!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I definitely wouldn't skip and double up. If you get off schedule, that's no big deal, but doubling up might make you a wreck the next day.

I'm only on week 2 day 3 and I can't imagine doing 2 of them in one day. The way they have it set up you rest the muscles that you worked the previous day and then blast them again the next day. If you skip, I'd say just do the one you skipped the next day and extend by a day. Just my opinion.

I am liking it so far. Already seeing results. And I find even though I'm so sore sometimes from the previous day, once I start moving, I'm good. I do mine right when I wake up which may make a difference.
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I also am doing the P90X Lean program I use my S7 HRM which has a calorie counter on it so that is how I log my workouts... There is nothing close to what I burn so I just found it easier to create my own... Good Luck and I wish you well

I have had some results but nothing major except my once tight skinny jeans are now my loose not so skinny jeans
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do it in the morning rather then the evening.. but Im just not a morning person and cant get myself to get up at 5am to do it. I'm only on day 3 but I love it already. My core is very very sore as well as my legs, so im hoping the arm n shoulder workout will definately help my arms! I'm only using the nutrition guide as a guide im not really following what they have on there. I'm definately watching what I eat and trying to keep it at about 1200 calories a day.. I'm hoping with that diet it'll help me drop some pounds and get in shape quicker!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    that ab ripper is not joke! how do you do it? it was almost impossible for me to keep up with them and do the full rep!