Epic Fail

Options
So for the last month I have been working a lot of long days (but that's partially just an excuse for my laziness). I did not exercise much and have eaten everything that is not tied down. As a result I have gained seven pounds. :(

I am back now and ready to start again. I will renew my commitment and am back on to my running. I almost backed out of my half marathon that is coming this weekend because I have trained as I should have. But I am going to run my tushy off (hopefully literally) and keep on going.

Thank you my hubby, you're always supportive.Thank you to all of you MFPers. I come back and read your posts, your motivation and encouragement are so helpful even when I've failed.

Replies

• abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The only failure is making a mistake and not learning or growing from it. :flowerforyou:
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    failure is not getting back up.....

you're back up therefore you havent failed
  • Jgib7470
    Jgib7470 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I can't take one day off, because then it's all down hill. lol I also struggle with the "I'll eat everything today, and do better tomorrow" mentality. ha ha
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You took a detour and now you are back on the right road......that isn't a failure, it is a wrong turn that can be corrected!
  • silverwing30102
    Options
    Why are you eating everything thats not tied down? LOL

I have started trying to occupy my time, as soon as I get hungry I go outside and play with my motorcycle or go for a walk.
    I realize now that certain things are triggers that start the chain reaction of failure like this. TV is a big one for me, it seems to make me want to eat.

I changed my workout schedule to 9pm at the gym, and I watch tv or play on the computer here while walking on the treadmill. Night time snacking is my fault, so I get out of the house at this time. Just a thought! Good luck to you my friend and hit me up if you ever want to talk.
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement. I think I am back on track and ready to move on! You all are so great!!!