I work Midnight-8am

Options
Hello I recently started working nights a few days now. I don't want to gain back any of the weight I have lost. I am asking if there is anyone who works nights and is loosing weight can you please share what you are doing? i need to know how do you eat and when do you exercise. I need all the help I can get!! Thanks in advance

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    For me, the main thing is to keep somewhat of a regular schedule. And of course still fit in times to workout.

I work 7pm-7am. I eat breakfast around 4:30-5pm. :P
  • denyse24
    denyse24 Posts: 62
    Options
    I sadly do not have the answer to your question but it does interest me tremendously . I work from 6 pm to 2 am and I am unsure how I should calculate my calories for a day. If you happen by any answers give me some news I would much like to hear what people recommend for this quite unique situation. Also Bravo on your weight loss , I am trying really hard and following my calorie intake but am having dificulty loosing weight.
  • Jacy707
    Jacy707 Posts: 18
    Options
    I work 2am to noon, and I keep losing by eating small meals throughout my shift, and I excercise when I wake up. Definitely keep a routine. I also plan for meals and bring lots of healthy snacks and water so I'm not eating out for lunch break.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was working nights for a few years and I was smaller when I started, night workers gain more weight bc they eat at night and day, I did work with a man who never gained weight he only took fruit to work and drank water on his shift so when he got off he had breakfast with his wife, went to bed and had dinner with his family, You have to make night your day and day your night you can't eat both day and night. Be Blessed.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I sadly do not have the answer to your question but it does interest me tremendously . I work from 6 pm to 2 am and I am unsure how I should calculate my calories for a day. If you happen by any answers give me some news I would much like to hear what people recommend for this quite unique situation. Also Bravo on your weight loss , I am trying really hard and following my calorie intake but am having dificulty loosing weight.

I work 7p-7a. I just track from the time I wake up (3-4pm) until I go to bed (9am). Works for me! :)
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the answers thus far. I think fruit and water and a small healthy snack is what i will be doing. i will eat breakfast when i come home and dinner before I go to work.