Just started P90 today 4/12/11. Join me?

Options
My wife and I just started Power 90 sculpt/cardio 1-2 today. I have done this in the past and lost nearly 50 pounds in the 90 days. Regretfully I have back-slided into a horrible out of shape mess in the last 8 years. I would love to get to 185 pounds again to: A. Feel better and B. be healthier for my wife and baby girl. If you are just starting or just wanna lend some support join me.

Replies

• ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    If I had it I totally would!! But good luck to you!!!
  • cwilliams33
    Options
    with p90 when you and your wife first started, did you find it hard to keep up, or did it get easier as yu went??
  • jspirko
    jspirko Posts: 2
    Options
    My wife and I recently started P90. We are currently on Day 22, still doing 1-2. I personally am not seeing any results other than I'm able to finish all the exercises (wasn't able too when I started). I'm also not weighing myself until the 30-60-90 day checkpoints. So maybe I'll be more positive after the 30 day measurements. :-)
  • joshuaviator
    Options
    Just started yesterday i'll send you a friend invite.
  • jspirko
    jspirko Posts: 2
    Options
    @cwilliams33
    I found it somewhat difficult when I first started. I didn't realize how out of shape I was. It is getting easier as we go along. Stick with it.
  • fatboy26105
    fatboy26105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I felt really bad today (cardio) but yesterday (sculpt) i felt ok until the 7-7-7 push ups. I have a really tough time with the close grip push ups. I didnt realize how out of shape I let myself get. I used to play sports and run all the time. Now all the running Ive done lately is to the fridge to get some HOHO's and Milk. Thanks for the support. Lets all do this!!!!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just got it in the mail today but due to my schedule can't start it yet. I don't want to miss a day right off so I am going to wait about a week to start. If that is okay I would love to have friends that are also doing it.
  • fatboy26105
    Options
    Jspirko, dont let results get you down. Do the exercises for nothing else but to be healthier. If you are burning the calories and turning fat to muscle the results will come. Some bodies are different and may take longer to get the results you are looking for. My wife has been working out for a month now and has seen essentially nothing. Pictures and Measurements are a better result meter than the scale. Good luck and keep it up!!
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 40 and about to change to 3-4.

I've lost 11 lbs and several inches in my waist using P90 and MFP.

Repetitive and mind numbing to a degree. Just keep at it.
  • fatboy26105
    Options

MFP??? What is that. I am looking for different workouts to aid against burnout.
  • JCGilbert
    JCGilbert Posts: 33
    Options
    Are you guys talking about P90 as in "Power 90" or P90 X? I was poking around the Beachbody website and saw that Power90 is a starter version for those not fully ready for the intensity of P90X. I am semi-interested, but I KNOW P90X would be too tough for me.
  • Talako
    Options

MFP??? What is that. I am looking for different workouts to aid against burnout.

I meant using P90 along MyFitnessPal (MFP) to watch what I eat.
  • fatboy26105
    Options

LOL....sometimes I think Im an idiot.

I meant using P90 along MyFitnessPal (MFP) to watch what I eat.
  • fatboy26105
    Options
    Are you guys talking about P90 as in "Power 90" or P90 X? I was poking around the Beachbody website and saw that Power90 is a starter version for those not fully ready for the intensity of P90X. I am semi-interested, but I KNOW P90X would be too tough for me.

JC, Yes Power 90 is a great beginners tool for P90x. There is no way I could start off with that.
  • Talako
    Options

Yes, P90.

P90 = Power 90

P90X is a whole different animal and much harder.

There is a P90 Master Series which is somewhere in between.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started P90 last Thursday. Feel free to add me.