Last few lbs the hardest!

Options
I am 1.2 lbs away from my goal, I mean not even a full 2 lbs away, but for some reason I just cant lose it.
I workout at the gym 3-4 times a week (strength training and cardio).
I'm a waitress, Im on my feet alot.
I usually eat pretty well, and if I have a bad day I still dont usually go over 1500 calories (so I will maintain my weight).
I just dont know what to do?

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Maybe your goal weight is 1.2 pounds too low. You might be at your real goal now.

You look great!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Maybe your goal weight is 1.2 pounds too low. You might be at your real goal now.

You look great!

I love this! We get so fixated on the number, and I totally get it because I'm guilty of it too. But maybe you should rethink that goal number, your body might be trying to tell you something.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    Yea, I know what you mean guys! I just hate the idea of quitting. :(, I dont wanna be a quitter!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    That wouldn't make you a quitter,the journey isn't about the number it's about being healthy? Are you healthy? Is that 1.2 lbs going to make you healthier? Do you feel healthy and happy with yourself? If that last pound is supposed to fall off, it will, but if it's this hard to get rid if that last pound it's going to be torture trying to maintain. Never look at it as quitting, look at what you've accomplished!? You should be super proud!
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    I know your right thanks! Btw, what ive decided to do is change my goals to lose 1/2 pounds a wk so then i wont be worrying about my calories and I will be taking it alot slower then so maybe they will come off with ease. Q: Theres no way that going up to 1400ish cal will make me gain weight right? Cause I feel worried about goin up in calories and even after I reach my goal I plan on using this but changing my goals to maintain my weight but Im really worried that somehow it will make me gain weight?Is this possible?Do u know?Thank you so much!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I worry about this too. Like you, I changed my goal to lose .5 pounds per week to hopefully move painlessly/gainlessly into maintenance. Best of luck to you!
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Try starting the transition from 'losing' to 'maintaining'. Never know, eating those few extra calories might be just what your body needs to kick the last little bit of fat :) but you do look gorgeous, and i would not be too worried about it if i were you lol.
  • dianamcravo
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have 7 lbs to go and I feel like I'll never lose them. I lose quarter and half of a pound at a time.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    Try starting the transition from 'losing' to 'maintaining'. Never know, eating those few extra calories might be just what your body needs to kick the last little bit of fat :) but you do look gorgeous, and i would not be too worried about it if i were you lol.

Aww, thanks! :)) Made me feel better!
  • crazy1blonde
    Options

Aww, thanks! :)) Made me feel better!

And, if I dont lose weight with the 0.5 a wk then I will def do this thanks again
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I know your right thanks! Btw, what ive decided to do is change my goals to lose 1/2 pounds a wk so then i wont be worrying about my calories and I will be taking it alot slower then so maybe they will come off with ease. Q: Theres no way that going up to 1400ish cal will make me gain weight right? Cause I feel worried about goin up in calories and even after I reach my goal I plan on using this but changing my goals to maintain my weight but Im really worried that somehow it will make me gain weight?Is this possible?Do u know?Thank you so much!!
    I changed mine to 1/ 2 pound a week some time ago and it took a lot of "stress" off of losing weight. For some reason, those 90 extra calories a day (i'm older, so my amount is going to be lower than yours) made it so much easier.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I know absolutely nothing about maintenance. The weight is still coming off, slower, but definitely still coming off. I don't really know what my goal weight is though, again, I don't want to get fixated on a number. I'm absolutely terrified of maintenance. TERRIFIED! Hopefully I'll be able to ask you for advice in a couple of months. :happy:

Good luck! You look fabulous.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    thanks girl! You def will keep up the good work!