Wedding Dress Nightmare...

Options
Hi Everybody!

I'm new here and just wanted to share a little about my wedding dress nightmare, which I hope has never happened to any of you.... I am getting married the end of July 11' and went to my third to last dress fitting yesterday and could not even zip up my dress! It is a very formfitting style and was 1 1/2 inches from closing! I was mortified and didn't want to come out of the dressing room. When I finally came out the seamstress was very nice, but I got a lot of stares from the other women there. She said I needed to try and fit back into my dress in the next 5 weeks because they are booked for appointments. I am incredibly stressed right now and I'm sure that's what's lead to my demise. I normally rarely fluctuate in my weight but I recently started a new job as a full-time ER nurse and had to move 2 hours away from my fiance to take this position. Now I'm trying drastically to juggle work, a long distance relationship + traveling, and wedding planning (did i mention I also don't know how to cook???).
Needless to say over the past 3 months I've gone up 8-9 lbs !!!! I'm looking to share encouragement and weight loss support with others. If you need a weight loss buddy let me know! I'm new to this so i hope i stick with it :)

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    That's a lot to deal with. But I'm sure if you can handle being an ER nurse, you can manage your weight in time for you wedding.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi! I don't know how to cook either! lol and I just got married in January. I managed to be slim for my wedding day but not as much as I hoped for.
    I believe you still have plenty of time to lose the a few lbs... don't stress over it though, enjoy all the new exciting things coming to your life and try to have fun too! You'll do fine I'm sure :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    oh no! you can fix this! ♥ log everything you put in your mouth & try to stay at your goals here & i'm positive you can make that scale go back down & the dress back on! July is still fairly far away, though those fittings need to happen... if you stick with it, that dress might even be lose by then! ::hug::
  • ebbanbiny
    ebbanbiny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You will be okay. You can get that weight off in no time. I will be one of your cheerleaders! Stress can also lead to weight gain, make sure you take time out for you and know that all these stressful things are also very positive. You were able to attain a new job in a terrible economy, YOUR GETTING MARRIED, and it sounds like you have a lot of love in your life. Your doing great!
  • bluecookie12
    bluecookie12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the encouragement everyone!!! All you positive thoughts have already made me feel so much better! Today was my first calorie tracking and man I'm hungry! lol!
  • djjohnson2879
    Options
    Stay positive. As an ER nurse, you know better than most what stress can do to your body.
    I actually had the opposite problem as you. Here's my story:

I've always maintained at the same weight for long periods of time no matter how much junk i eat. So we ordered my wedding dress in October 08. It was an 18, and I was around 190-200 lbs. I moved 4 hours away in November, my fiance didn't move until December. I had started a new job with the same company at a store that had some serious issues to work out. My RM was encouraging saying I was going to "whip them in shape." Well I took that statement to heart, and proceeded to work myself to death. All while trying to adjust to the first big move in my life, and plan a wedding from four hours away. Oh and deal with my mother while planning this wedding.
    My dress arrived in Jan 09 and fit perfectly.
    I started getting "sick" in February. I couldn't stand for long periods, had issues getting of the floor, up out of a chair etc. After many blood tests, and a four day hospital stay, I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. I had deterioriated greatly prior to them figuring it out and getting me medicated. So at this point, I can't dress myself, get out of a chair or off the toilet by myself, bathe myself, hardly eat anything, have no appetite, and have open, oozing sores on my arms and chest/stomach.
    So, my wedding dress hangs in the closet until May 09 when I am no longer oozing and my skin doesn't burn to have clothing touching it. I had lost 50 lbs since October. My mom puts my dress on me, zips it up, and it falls completely down to my ankles.
    So, we call the dress shop. They say that this particular dress is a 12 week make time dress (my wedding was in 4) They say to bring it up and they'd see what they could do, but I'd probably have to pick out a new dress. I cried the entire hour up there!
    We walk in, I try on the dress in a smaller size to see what i need. I now need a 14. The girl says, "are you still in love with this dress?" Well no ****, I wouldn't have picked it in the first place if I didn't love it!!!
    They couldn't take it in. Miracle of all miracles, they found one in my size, in my exact colors at another store, and traded my too big one for the one that would fit, and I had it a week later.
    Now, by the time that they prednisone had kicked in and started working, I'd put about 10lbs back on and could barely breathe the day of my wedding, but I wasn't admitting that to anyone!
    The moral of my story:
    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Stress can do some evil, evil things to your body, as I'm fully convinced that all the stressors I had caused my situation, and you have many of the same stressors it sounds like.
    Don't add the stress of your wedding dress to the other stressors. I have faith that your wedding dress will fit perfectly as long as you take care of yourself and eat sensibilly.
    I have a fast food addiction, and still eat it almost daily. But since starting MFP, I investigate calories and fats for the foods I like at each restuarant and then make "healthier" choices.
    BTW, I put all that weight back on and then some after my flare got under control. I'm now at my heaviest and trying to get down to a healthy weight in a healthy manner.