Exercise Wardrobe help for Well endowed Ladies?

Options
New to the Forum so I hope this is in the right subforum. If it isn't could you point me to the correct one co that I may move this there.

I need some suggestions for where I can find exercise tops meant for women who are well endowed. I cannot find sports bras that are supportive enough at wal-mart, Lane Bryant, or onestop plus. I'd like to get a more full workout, but I'm getting bruised from doing any exercises that get me moving any more than a quick walk.

Any suggestions would be Sooo greatly appreciated, I don't have any workout friends who have the same problem so I really don't have many other places to turn...

Thanks in advance,

Replies

• SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    alwaysforme.com has some great stuff!! I have the same boob-problem, as I am a 38F 0r 38E depending on where I can find a bra. Good luck hon, and hope it helps!!
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would look online. You'll be able to find a lot more options that way. Here are a couple to get started:

sportsbra411.com/the-best-sports-bra-for-large-breasts
    www.barenecessities.com
    www.lindasonline.com/Sports-Bras

You may have to spend a little more, but it would be well worth it.
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    *bump, I have similar problems, still can't find anything yet...even thought I'm not quite doing any high intensity workouts yet, even just a bit of jogging or a real good elliptical workout are a killer :frown:
  • djjohnson2879
    Options
    My best sports bra for my G girls I found at a boutique. Yes it cost me $50 for one bra, but it's actually supportive and works, so worth it in my book!
    Funny that you posted this. I've finally gotten comfortable with wearing a tank with my exercise pants instead of a giant oversized tshirt to cover my bum. Typically it's for yoga or the treadmill, so no worries. I was in a group power class last night, and in the front of the room. And I bent forward to do my dead lift and dead row, I realized that since it's a loose fitting tank top, I was flashing everyone in the room major cleavage in the mirror! Oops. Gonna have to find a more appropriate tank for that class! :)
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    Moving comfort.

Hands down.

Maia (if you like underwire)
    fiona if you don't.

I'm an underwire girl...and not only is it comfortable...it is GREAT...
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    This might sound odd, but you can also check out a local running store. Ours has a good supply of large bras, but they also offer a 'fitting' so you get the right one. I have a few friends who have your issue and they have done this with success.
  • Mellissande
    Options
    Thank you guys soo much. I'm in a 46g right now and my chest is shrinking but my girls are not... -_-; working out on the elliptical is embarrassing right now lol. I wear the tightest bra I own underneath the tightest belly control tank I own and Still get bruises. I will definitely be looking into the sites you ladies provided. Thank you again!!
  • Mellissande
    Options
    Moving comfort.

Hands down.

Maia (if you like underwire)
    fiona if you don't.

I'm an underwire girl...and not only is it comfortable...it is GREAT...
    They only go up to 44DD I'm a 46G would going down to that size fit and Still allow me to breathe?
  • Mellissande
    Options
    My best sports bra for my G girls I found at a boutique. Yes it cost me $50 for one bra, but it's actually supportive and works, so worth it in my book!
    Funny that you posted this. I've finally gotten comfortable with wearing a tank with my exercise pants instead of a giant oversized tshirt to cover my bum. Typically it's for yoga or the treadmill, so no worries. I was in a group power class last night, and in the front of the room. And I bent forward to do my dead lift and dead row, I realized that since it's a loose fitting tank top, I was flashing everyone in the room major cleavage in the mirror! Oops. Gonna have to find a more appropriate tank for that class! :)

lol I had something similar happen when I forst started working out. Never workout on the treadmill next to the stair stepper at an Army Gym unless you want a soldier to use it as a "stare" stepper
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm not sure about brands (I'm in the UK) but no matter what sports bra's I have bought I have to double up. I like shock absorber ones and although go underwired day to day can't stand it when working out. I use standard back fastener and then one over the head style, hope that makes sense! I'm 34G and that stops me doing any damage and saves the embarrassment x
  • Mellissande
    Options
    Hmmmmm not sure about brands (I'm in the UK) but no matter what sports bra's I have bought I have to double up. I like shock absorber ones and although go underwired day to day can't stand it when working out. I use standard back fastener and then one over the head style, hope that makes sense! I'm 34G and that stops me doing any damage and saves the embarrassment x

Thanks for the tip. Haven't tried doubling up with two different styles of sports bras. Will have to try that one later today. Been trying to do the Biggest Loser challenge workouts on the wii. The jumprope and jogging hurt my chest and there is no way to skip the exercise :(
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as well endowed but large enough that depending on the activity I was wearing 2-3 bras trying to get good support. I am currently using Champion sports bras. You can find them online or at places like Sports Authority. They have different sizes and multiple types of support levels for what you are looking for.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    Try the Enell sports bra. www.enell.com
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    Never workout on the treadmill next to the stair stepper at an Army Gym unless you want a soldier to use it as a "stare" stepper

Ahaha isn't that the truth!!!

Thanks for this thread, it makes me feel really hopeful because I'm a 36DD and I had never found a sports bra that helped until I started scouting online. I was a crosscountry runner and people used to tease me, because I've ALWAYS been a 36DD on a tiny tiny 5'3" frame, and they'd say you could see my boobs swinging toward the finish line about ten minutes before you could see my body. Ouch.

Lots of people don't know (as this website will tell you) that breasts move side-to-side as well as up and down. The Enell bra was the best one I ever bought: it kept the girls from moving AT ALL and it gave me ZERO cleavage. However, when I'd get home from practice every night and take it off, it felt like I was being released from a chest cast. It's a pricier bra, but I promise it will do the trick. It was even picked a few years later as Oprah's Favorite Sports Bra!! *choir of angels*

http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/How-to-Find-a-Sports-Bra-Exercise-Gear