Question On Calories Burned...

Options
Hi All,
I was wondering, whats the deal with burning less calories now then I used too? I have been exercising for almost 5 months, including some jogging and where I used to be able to burn over 400 calories for 30 minutes,I now only burn just over 300? Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks all.

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    it looks like you've lost a great deal of weight (congratulations!)...maybe something to do with the metabolism? these are the kind of questions I wish I had a trainer to answer...
  • Krystal_R
    Krystal_R Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, you burn more calories the more you weigh. So it would make sense that you are burning less calories now that you are 60 pounds lighter. I know, it's kind of a bitter sweet victory huh?! ;)
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's the weight issue. The bigger you are, the more calories you burn (because there's more of you there to burn calories). BUT it's all worth it in the end!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess I will either have to up my exercise,add more time or just accept it for what it is! That makes sense though. I was getting a bit annoyed with not burning as many calories and it seems as though it just recently started like this, burning less calories! Bitter sweet it is!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yep it has to do with your weight loss. Your body doesn't have to exert as much energy to do the same workout anymore because it's not carrying that extra 60ish pounds around! If you carried 60 lb weight on you during that workout- you'd see those high numbers again I'm sure.... lol That's why they say to switch it up and always push yourself further and further.... it is very bittersweet!