Looking for Flounder Recipe

Options
Hey all I've been on MFP for a week now and have lost 6 lbs. I want to make a good flounder recipe for my fiance and she is also on MFP so I want it healthy. Yes I can just do a basic breaded fish but any thoughts on this?

Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    coat w/ potato flakes and seasonings of your choice. let it sit for an hour. brown in a T of olive oil top w/ crushed pecans and a little lemon. pair w/ a hearty salad. idk, its just what popped into my head. :smile:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is a good flounder recipe that I made recently.

Flounder Oreganata
    WW Make it in Minutes
    7 points

4 (6-oz) flounder fillets (I used Sole because that was what looked the best at the grocery this morning)
    2 tbsp olive oil
    3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp dried oregano (I probably used more since I "eyeballed" it)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Place the fish fillets on the baking sheet. Combine the olive oil, bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and oregano ina bowl. Press an equal amount of the bread crumb mixture onto the top of each fillet. Bake until the fish is just opaque in the center - about 10 minutes.

I made this last night and it was fabulous. Cod is a white fish like flounder. The calories for a serving show over 500 but I put it into the MFP recipe builder and it came out less than 300 which I think is more realistic. It has a very mediterranean taste and so delicious. I used a sav. blanc white wine. I had a salad with it, but it would be great served over rice. Very gourmet and will impress your friend!
  • kidneyboy1
    Options
    Thanks for the advise. Both me and my fiance both cook but need healthier recipes.
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with Dill. Broil(Keep a weathered eye. DO NOT OVERCOOK!).

Just a spritze of lemon or tangerine juice. Serve with steamed Veggies and Basmati rice (or couscous). There you go. Enjoy.