PROTEST WARNING at Fort Meade High School, Maryland

Options
TabiHerbalifeCoach
TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
Please be advised that Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting outside of Meade High School on Thursday morning 14 April. This is the group that has been protesting at military funerals. Now they want to start protesting at schools on military bases. They will not be authorized to come on the base. The high school has not sanctioned or authorized this protest. Security measures have been scheduled for the event and all should be fine. The reason for this notice is to allow people to avoid the area and protect their chlidren from these hurtful and dergoatory protest. I don't want to attack anyone's beliefs here, or discuss religion merely inform people of a hateful protest scheduled for the local area.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    wow. thanks for the heads up . . . we don't live in that area (although I am hoping hubby will PCS there next!!) Praying everything is safe there today!
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm passing this on to my friends a Ft. Meade.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Holding back my comments re: WBC but AAAAAAARGH.
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Ditto :explode:
  • missywilliams9258
    Options
    I am interested in finding out how insanity works. , I am thinking of trying it after I finish P90x. I have 4 1/2 weeks to go and my last weigh in I have lost 12 pds and 9 inches around my waist. P90x is awesome.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    I'm in the UK, I watched a documentary about these *people* a few weeks ago. Absolutely disgusting.......ugh. I can't believe they protest at funerals of fallen servicemen, hideous.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    An army base is the last place they want to protest.
    Hopefully a live fire excercise is going on in close proximity to their protest. Just sayin.
  • missywilliams9258
    Options
    sorry i posted on the wrong wall
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    WHAT?!?! Really??
    What now?????
    What POSSIBLY is the reason now?
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, I watched a documentary about these *people* a few weeks ago. Absolutely disgusting.......ugh. I can't believe they protest at funerals of fallen servicemen, hideous.

I saw that - Louis Theroux? He's visited them a few times now. Er... I think when it's this lot, we are actually allowed to say out loud that they're dangerous nutters, aren't we?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

I saw that - Louis Theroux? He's visited them a few times now. Er... I think when it's this lot, we are actually allowed to say out loud that they're dangerous nutters, aren't we?

I'm gonna go with yes. lol.
  • EstherTalia
    Options
    I don't live out that way, but I hope there aren't any real problems. These people need to stop-they're spreading a word that's completely counter to what they're saying they believe in, and it's one of hate. Very wrong!
  • kristinmaravelias
    Options
    They were scheduled to protest a few months back at a high school about 5 miles from my home. Luckily they never showed up.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Ditto :explode:

Not me. I f'ing hate those people.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    As a service member myself, I have to agree they are dangerous, and this is completely uncalled for. If people want to have radical beliefs, that is their right, BUT i believe NO ONE sould torture on inflict harm on people that go against their beliefs. It angers me and saddens my heart. There are families there who have mothers, fathers, deployed and in danger, CHILDREN will be affected by this, children who are in there most vunerable years the teenage years. My children aren't in highschool yet but if they were they would NOT be attending school that day.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    They were scheduled to protest a few months back at a high school about 5 miles from my home. Luckily they never showed up.

I PRAY that they don't show up here.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I live & work not far from there.... its a rainy ugly day & traffic IS A MESS!! ( took me over an hour to go what normally takes 20 minutes)... HOPEFULLY that will be some sort of deterrent
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options

I feel the same way.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Will keep that situation in my prayers! They give Baptist a bad name! I'm Baptist and our church solutes the millatary. Our memorial day service is incredible. That happened in the town next to us ans it really discourages people from going to church. I think it's very sad. They are not representing God at all that way. Wish you the best!!
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    Thank you for the update. I am fairly new to this area (December) and luckily do not have to drive that direction.