Insanity - my body HURTS

Options
I'm on day 4. My entire body ACHES. I can barely move. I was sore yesterday but still did it, and actually I did alot better yesterday than I did the day before. Did everyone else's body hurt too?

P.S. Do not do insanity while your children are awake unless you want 40 minutes of "Mommy you are red" "Why are you laying down on the floor?" "Does it hurt?" "Are you dying?" "Daddy, are you crying?"

Not cool.

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ..............."Daddy, are you crying?" Not cool.

That just made me laugh so much.......but thank you for the advice. I will remember it. :laugh:
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Laugh of the day! Hahahahaha

Draw yourself a hot bath and soak. Have hubby rub you down and get back in the ring. You got it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    P.S. Do not do insanity while your children are awake unless you want 40 minutes of "Mommy you are red" "Why are you laying down on the floor?" "Does it hurt?" "Are you dying?" "Daddy, are you crying?"

Not cool.

Hee Hee Hee
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That was hysterical!!!! My kids keep doing the sympathy pat on my back! :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I was doing Bob Harper strength the other day, "Does that hurt?" "I don't like it when you hurt" "Is he still telling you to go?" "You are sweating" "You look tired"
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Love it!!

My soreness went away after the first 4-5 days but has since returned with the beginning of month 2. I got in a wrestling match with my sports bra this morning and I couldn't move my arms well enough to free myself. :laugh:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    "Mommy you are red" "Why are you laying down on the floor?" "Does it hurt?" "Are you dying?" "Daddy, are you crying?"
    LOL - that was too funny!
    Congrats on day #4! Awesome job - keep it going.
    Kudos to you for doing Insanity!
    My kids act like that now while I am doing my Advanced Tae Bo workout!!!
    Tell your Dh - no laughing ! He should have to do it too! Then lets see who is laughing...(chuckle)
    I hear that ginger helps with muscle soreness...
    Hope that helps
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    Your comments made me laugh also it remind me off my kids because it's sooooooo true, one of the things that they do is join in my work out.:laugh:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    "I got in a wrestling match with my sports bra this morning and I couldn't move my arms well enough to free myself."

LMBO:laugh:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    "Mommy you are red" "Why are you laying down on the floor?" "Does it hurt?" "Are you dying?" "Daddy, are you crying?"
    LOL - that was too funny!
    Congrats on day #4! Awesome job - keep it going.
    Kudos to you for doing Insanity!
    My kids act like that now while I am doing my Advanced Tae Bo workout!!!
    Tell your Dh - no laughing ! He should have to do it too! Then lets see who is laughing...(chuckle)
    I hear that ginger helps with muscle soreness...
    Hope that helps

Oh he is doing it too!! He is in WAYYYY better shape than I am and is also sore. lol
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Love it!!

My soreness went away after the first 4-5 days but has since returned with the beginning of month 2. I got in a wrestling match with my sports bra this morning and I couldn't move my arms well enough to free myself. :laugh:

LOL too funny. I felt alot better once I got moving and into it again last night. TOnight looks like some kind of yoga and stretching so hopefully that will help to have an "easy" day.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    If you're referring to "cardio recovery", you're fooling yourself. His version of "recovery" is still a butt kicker. It's just a slower paced controlled version of butt kicking.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    lol...thanks for the laugh.
    I had same problem with soreness with 30DS but I'm embarrassed to admit it was after day 1. I stupidly tried it a week after joining MFP which was clearly too soon. I was so out of shape. It nearly killed me.
    Thank God I sent my family outside when I did it...what a sight I must have been. I had a hard time just getting up and down from floor...lol. :ohwell:
  • riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh. I do my Insanity workouts before the kids wake up in the morning. I'm on week 3 and it does get better. Good luck.

Maria
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    If you're referring to "cardio recovery", you're fooling yourself. His version of "recovery" is still a butt kicker. It's just a slower paced controlled version of butt kicking.

you make me want to cry :laugh:
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

you make me want to cry
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Love it!!

Oh, I can only laugh at this as it has happened to me. I have either had been too sore to put it on or take it off. I have slept in it before simply because my arms would not allow me to be free. LOL

I REALLY want to try insanity. I mean, I live in a constant state of insanity, I may as well work it too! :)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Not cool.

My son is banned to his room when I work out. I cannot handle his little comments. My favorite "If it hurts, why are you doing it". Don't give me logic kid, this is good for me darnit!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of month 2. I would happily go back to that workout. :happy:
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    awww...that's so cute that they were so concerned :)

my body ached after the fit test and I also thought I was going to throw up...wait until you get to pure cardio...even Shaun says at the beginning he's scared of the workout...it was INTENSE!

i've done it for 2 weeks straight now and i love it! this workout finally woke up my body and said "crap we need to burn this fat!"...lol!

friend me if you need a motivator!

good luck!