Have been here for a week but need more support and friends!

Options
Hello EVERYONE!!! can anyone tell me what a stone is? when people say how much they lost so far...I only know lbs LOL
I am from the northeast usa! I have a puppy and 1 child and my hubby is on here too! we are dieting together! I am hopin I can gain more friends that are active on here! Also anyone who can tell me about protein or fiber taste effects in smoothies and if it works well?? So I started this a week ago weighed in today and lost 6lbs! WOW HUH? and I dont do weights or anything like that!
I have bi-polar so it makes it harder to lose weight and stick with stuff so I would love more friends/support!
If you need someone to talk to too I AM HERE!!!! we can beat obesity together!

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP have sent you a friends request.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend!:flowerforyou:
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi i will add you as a friend :-) i am from usa also and i think a stone is like 15 lbs???? maybe?? my daughter had a.d.d. and is also on bi polar meds/ abilify and that made her gain like crazy... also her self control and impulsiveness with food doesnt help.. but she is doing well on this so far i got her to do this instead of w.w. and she is doing it with me so that helps as well... glad to have you as a friend XOXOX
    lori
  • xkellytotsx
    Options
    A stone is 14 lb! And I will send a friend request!
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Welcome!
    You've done really well to lose 6 lbs already. Keep it up.

There are 14 pounds in 1 stone. Sorry I don't know much about protein and fibre stuff as I don't drink it.

I'm aiming to lose 20 lbs which I'm finding difficult but I use MFP for encouragement and ideas. I'm sure you'll find it really helpful. I only lost 2 lbs so far in the first week but then somehow managed to put it all back on again. But still trying!!! I'm finding that the weight isn't shifting but I've lost 3cm = 1 and a half inches from my tummy - yay

Feel free to add me.

Good luck
  • daniellejg
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm always in need of more friends
  • Amber2089
    Amber2089 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll be your friend also!!! My major weight gain also correlated with anti depressants and birth control. I hear a lot of people say the same thing.
    I'm also fron the USA but I'm on the West coast!
  • Jewels1681
    Options
    Hi there! Good work on losing 6lbs! protein and fiber is what you want in your diet! It helps you burn fat and also keep you full longer. Dont know anything about the shakes though, heard of it but not familiar with it. ill send you a friend request as well. the more support the better, Everyone can add me as well=] I need more also=]
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    hi i will add you as a friend :-) i am from usa also and i think a stone is like 15 lbs???? maybe?? my daughter had a.d.d. and is also on bi polar meds/ abilify and that made her gain like crazy... also her self control and impulsiveness with food doesnt help.. but she is doing well on this so far i got her to do this instead of w.w. and she is doing it with me so that helps as well... glad to have you as a friend XOXOX
    lori
    AWESOME isnt it good to have your family in it too? thanks
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I'll be your friend also!!! My major weight gain also correlated with anti depressants and birth control. I hear a lot of people say the same thing.
    I'm also fron the USA but I'm on the West coast!
    kool thanks!
    Weight gain is hard!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    Hi there! Good work on losing 6lbs! protein and fiber is what you want in your diet! It helps you burn fat and also keep you full longer. Dont know anything about the shakes though, heard of it but not familiar with it. ill send you a friend request as well. the more support the better, Everyone can add me as well=] I need more also=]
    THANKS!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request too! I understand about the bi-polar meds, my hubby is bi-polar and he gained about 75 lbs in 4 months and became diabetic. Scary stuff... On the other hand my ex-husband's new wife is also bi-polar and she was able to take off ALL the weight she gained on her meds and then some, so it CAN be done!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I sent you a friend request too! I understand about the bi-polar meds, my hubby is bi-polar and he gained about 75 lbs in 4 months and became diabetic. Scary stuff... On the other hand my ex-husband's new wife is also bi-polar and she was able to take off ALL the weight she gained on her meds and then some, so it CAN be done!
    My husband also has diabetes..he is on here too you will find him on my friends list Snackaddict is his screen name.
    He would love any friends ds requests! He needs alot of support too! I noticed his friends list is lacking :(
    My bi-polar meds need to change to no weight gain -ALL OF US CAN DO IT!