Dizzy - is it the new eating regime?

Options
Feeling very very dizzy today - any suggestions as to why?

Food diary not 100% accurate in terms of sodium etc, as not all the foods in the database have that, so Ive only really been logging calories.

I'm on 1200 kcal a day and I eat my exercise calories when I burn them
I'm 5'2 and currently weight 189.2

I know I could just be coming down with something as I feel a bit sluggish, but want to make sure I am doing this weight loss in a healthy and sustainable way. So any help much appreciated!!

Kat

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking your water and see if it gets better. If it doesn't improve soon I would call the dr.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ever have any sugar issues?? High or low blood sugar could cause dizzyness.

I would call the doc if it continues.

It could be something as simple as an inner ear thing going on too.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Are you fairly new to eating less and exercising more? If so, yes, that could cause your dizziness- I also had major headaches for the first few weeks when I started this weight loss journey. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • christinaeagles
    Options
    Is there a chance your could be pregnant or have blood pressure problems?
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    Try eating something and drink some water, might help, if not yo could be coming down with something. Hope you feel better soon
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting protein. When I skimp, I get woozy. And water, like others said!
  • ItsAsha
    ItsAsha Posts: 78
    Options
    I sometimes feel the same way. Drinking a glass of orange juice usually helps. I've never had an issue with sugar being low until I started dieting. I, too, am on a 1200 calorie goal per day. Make sure you're staying hydrated as well.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    189 pounds and only eating a net of 1200 per day? Yes, I know that's supposed to be a safe lower limit, but everyone is different, and I don't think you are eating enough. If you are hungry, you need to eat more. Bottom line.
  • Lorijo50
    Lorijo50 Posts: 20
    Options
    If it goes away when you eat something you aren't getting enough calories. Don't skip meals if you are.