What should I do?

Options
I always go over on sugar and fat but always stay well under my calorie goal... anything from 200-450calories a day. My daily intake is 1200 and I do at least 30 mins of exercise (running) 5 times a week. I am finding it really hard to keep up calories and can't bare to eat my exercise calories back because I am not hungry.
Not sure what to do as I don't want to eat for the sake of it. What should I do?

Replies

• chr0nicbookworm
    chr0nicbookworm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I just can't seem to make it up to a balance of 1200 calories. I end up 400-500 under that number on a regular day. My stomach just throws up the food when I try to force myself to eat more.

So now I'm trying to eat a little bit every 2 hours to see if i can slowly add up to more calories. My trainer at the gym also said this should keep my metabolism running all day.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about to sugar issue if your sugars are comong from whole, natural foods.....like fruits. If it's "added" sugars, like in processed foods, or something like HFCS, then try to cut down.

As for eating back your exercise calories, just keep trying....eventually (if you are working out) you will get hungry and you will want that food.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Also, try more frequent smaller meals, rather than less frequent bigger meals. If there's less food in your tummy at one time, you will feel less sick/stuffed, and this should help you reach your calorie goals. I eat upwards of 2,000 calories a day, and I am still huingry sometimes. Really.
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks it is just so hard and if I do eat them I feel guilty.... this is probably because I used to do stupid 500 calorie diets and if I used to eat I would feel guilty.

..... but I will try :)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Try planning your meals and exercise for one day. In that day you need to plan to eat all calories from exercise plus your normal amount alotted. I would suggest planning this on a day that you don't have a heavy work out so you don't feel like you are eating too much. In your meals plan for Breakfast, Mid morning snack, Lunch, Afternoon snack, dinner and if you still have calories left a light snack before bed. This will not only maintain your metabolism but also your blood sugar. Look for snacks that incorporate carbs, fat and protein like cottage cheese with an orange. or a piece of fruit with almonds and walnuts. They don't have to be huge snacks. Log how you feel before and after each meal/snack and work out. If you feel satisfied or too full. Then you can adjust for another day.