I hate this Plateau!!!

Options
It has been 2+ weeks and I can't get over this plateau. I even switched up my cardio routine and bumped up my calories from 1200 to 1660 because I don't think I was getting enough calories with all the exercising I was doing. Any ideas on what else I can do???

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Give it time... You're doing things right, switching up your workouts and eating more. I did the same thing to break my plateau and you have to give it a few weeks, especially if you've been eating low-calorie for a long time. Try eating mostly protein in the evening, my trainer suggested that and carbs tend to make you weigh more in the morning if you eat a lot of them in the evening.
  • robot_khamscott
    robot_khamscott Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    grapefruit juce before meals. lemon teas really good for upping your digestion aswell as green tea :)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar plateu at the moment. Have you tried taking measurements as well as weighing. I've found that even though i havents lost any weight i have lost a couple of inches. It's natural to plateu, so try not to get too stressed about it.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Be careful with grapefruit juice as it interacts with a lot of medications. I learned that the hard way :( Use a drug interaction checker if you're not sure.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it will work, but I had about a 2 week plateau and then I worked my tail off to lower my sodium to around (1,500). I was often lower what MFP recommended (2,500) but still pretty high. I had a feeling water weight was masking my loss and now scale is back moving downward.

Also, I've heard a lot about zig-zagging daily net calorie intake. I'm reading more about it, but made it's something you could look into.
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I tried upping my calories for a couple of weeks. Didn't work for me in weight. But it did in inches. I am now back down to 1200 calories, and it is taking a bit to get readjusted to the less amount. All I can say to you, is don't give up and you know you can do it.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Just keep working on it. It takes about a month for your body to get used to any kind of change. You can even see a scale increase before it starts dropping again.

And instead of bumping up cardio add some strength/resistance training a couple of days per week. Calorie restriction and intense cardio will cause muscle loss along with fat loss (more muscle loss as you get closer to your healthy weight and your metabolism slows, too). This will help preserve your muscle mass (possibly even increase it a bit). And it will increase your metabolism for more fat burning during daily activity and even sleeping!!

And last night I had a lot of carbs and dropped 1.6 lbs overnight (I had bread and crackers and even a couple of sugary snacks 10pm at night). Carbs won't make you gain weight overnight. I get the majority of my carbs in during the day but do still eat them at night. As long as you are eating the right kind of carbs it's ok.