Breakfast Smoothies

Options
rhirvo
rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
I am having a hard time eating in the morning especially on the days I start at 6am. Anyone know of any good easy smoothies to make? Has anyone ever put greek yogurt in their smoothies - how does that taste? I have a magic bullet so I am thinking that will make this a lot easier then trying to eat cereal in the car!

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    yogurt anykind (i like non fat vanilla), spinach (a + for the veg and you never taste it) frozen fruit (what ever you like, I love doles mixed friut strawberries,peaches,pinapple,mango) one straw one cold cup and your out the door, got time put in a bowl and eat with a spoon. I'm addicted
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I want a bullet SO BAD!!!!!

I get Jillian Michels whey powder (100 cals a scoop) and add in a cup of strawberries and a cup on water. Its delicious. Love it.
    Think I will go make one right now. :)

When Im really hungry, I add a piece of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My favorite is fresh strawberries, a splash of lowfat milk and Edy's fat free frozen yogurt. Delicious! You can use any fruit you'd like =)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I get Jillian Michels whey powder (100 cals a scoop) and add in a cup of strawberries and a cup on water. Its delicious. Love it.

When Im really hungry, I add a piece of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter

Purchase with caution; my Magic Bullet broke the first time I used it and they wouldn't replace it =(
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Purchase with caution; my Magic Bullet broke the first time I used it and they wouldn't replace it =(

I agree, my bullet isn't all it's cracked up to be....very dissappointed!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try Silken Lite Tofu. It is low in calories, high in protein. Use it in place of yogurt with fruit and a little honey.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is:

1 scoop whey protein powder
    1/2 c. frozen berries
    1/2 banana
    1 c. light soy milk
    1 tbsp. flaxseed
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options

I bought a knock off from Wal-mart for $25.00 and it's been great! Give it a try, it's half the price and sounds like might last longer?
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people on here use oatmeal in their smoothies/shakes. Stupid question, but are you using uncooked oatmeal? That would be a great addition to a breakfast smoothie/shake.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We have a magic bullet. I use it every day for smoothies.
    Chocolate soy milk, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, add in protein powder

Orange juice, frozen banana, frozen strawberries/blueberries, and protein powder.
    Sometimes I add water, or milk to thin it out if it's too thick.

I've recently been making myself extra egg white beater omelette wraps (burritos)
    I use egg beaters, some onion, some ham. Make up a batch (scrambled eggs) , and then make extra burritos that go in the fridge and I'll pop in 2 in the microwave when I'm in a rush.
  • MegErin28
    Options
    I make a smoothie that is super fast to make, really filling and only 210 calories! I make it in my bullet and it is ready in less than 5 minutes :-)

1 cup of frozen mixed berries
    1 small sliced banana
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    1 tbsp flaxseed

Enjoy!!
  • norharp
    norharp Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I just joined today, what have you done to loose all that weight in such a short space of time. I have a wedding the end of June and I would like to loose at least 25lbs by then.
  • lelegrev
    lelegrev Posts: 15
    Options
    3 oz yogurt (I always have nonfat or light yogurt, any flavor)
    Handful of frozen or fresh fruit (frozen is easier because you don't have to worry about it rotting)
    Few splashes of milk (we use skim milk in our house) or a few splashes of orange juice (which ever you'd prefer)

Blend and enjoy.

*I also have a magic bullet. I have had mine for 4 years now and it still works. We got it for simply smoothie reasons. My husband loooooves my smoothies, but it has also worked great for making homemade baby food.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people on here use oatmeal in their smoothies/shakes. Stupid question, but are you using uncooked oatmeal? That would be a great addition to a breakfast smoothie/shake.

Yes I put oatmeal in raw, I have used steel cut oats and old fashioned oatmeal, I like the old fashioned much better!
  • rngreen
    rngreen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Greek yogurt, but I bet that it would work fine in a smoothie. I usually get non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt, a sliced banana, frozen strawberries, and about a half cup of orange juice. You can try any frozen fruit you like. I had forgotten about this and so glad that you brought it up. I find it hard to eat when I am up and running early in the morning too.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I buy both Greek and store brand fat free yogurt. I use the store brand when I make smoothies (since you don't taste it in a smoothie anyways) and save the Greek (since it's much pricier) for swap outs in recipes and for mixing my own flavors when I just want to eat some. Just mix in 1-3 teaspoons (to taste) of low-sugar preserves/jam/jelly in your favorite flavor with 1/2 cup of yogurt.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Pb banana smoothies are my favorite...When you have some ripe bananas that are getting brown-slice them and put in the freezer.

1T peanut butter
    1 small frozen sliced banana
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1 cup milk of your choice...I like vanilla almond milk (or chocolate:P), but have used skim, 1%, soy...it all works.
    a splash of vanilla...and blend.

This is just a general recipe...I have added vanilla Greek yogurt, protien powder, oatmeal, frozen yogurt. I like to experiment but usually go back to the original.

1 scoop frozen yogurt
    1cup orange juice or milk of you prefer
    1/2 cup sliced frozen strawberries
    1 small banana
    1/4 cup wheat germ
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I bought a knock off from Wal-mart for $25.00 and it's been great! Give it a try, it's half the price and sounds like might last longer?

I looked for one at Walmart, but didnt see it. Whats the name brand? I did find one at Farm and Fleet for maybe $20
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • comesatime
    Options
    I have a magic bullet and throw in 1 scoop of whey powder, about 1/4C greek plain nonfat yogurt, a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup if I want chocolate, 1/2C milk, a banana and if after the gym, a small bit of peanut butter. Whatever space is leftover I throw in crushed ice. Super yummy and super filling.

You can get the complete magic bullet kits for under $50. Check sunday papers for sales.