Hello

Options
Hi Everyone,

I signed up on Myfitnesspal a couple months ago. I am trying to lose the weight I gained from having two babies a year apart. I have been working out and watching what I eat for the last 6 weeks and It has been hard. :( I feel thinner but the scale is not budging. :(

Replies

• halierae
    halierae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the scale not budging. It's very frustrating. Every time I hit that place, I have to remember to switch it up. Switch up what I eat and how much, my exercise and how often or how long.... Stay with it! :smile:
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the scale too much. If you're laying down muscle, you could be losing fat and still stay the same weight.

Keep it up, and if you still aren't seeing results in a few more weeks, either be a bit more conservative when you add your exercise on here, or simply try not to eat back all of the extra calories you earn through exercise.
  • cynchalax
    Options
    I too had two babies in a short amount of time. I initially lost the baby weight, but as I nursed it crept back on (I wan't one of those lucky women who lose weight as they nurse, ugh). Feel free to *kitten* me as a friend. We can motvate each other.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Try tracking measurements of your waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck,... Sometimes those will move when the scale won't. Switching it up helps too. Do some different cardio exercises or combine cardio (jumping jacks, situps, push ups, running in place) for a few minutes then do some weights for a few minutes and keep alternating.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just joined, but I started last year really 'trying' to lose weight. I cut out all candy (for me that was huge! LOL) and chips out of my diet and started working out several times a week. I lost about 10 pounds in three months--and it took a month and a half to start losing weight-- and then just stopped losing. Once the kids were out of school, I wasn't as good at working out, but started back up when they went back to school and had absolutely no luck at all. The scale just didn't budge. In fact, I gained about 6 pounds back!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I was sick of 'trying' to lose weight and I was just going to do it. I knew that I was eating healthy, my husband has Celiac Disease so I eat about 75% gluten free, and we've cut out processed foods totally, so what was the deal? Anyway, I decided that if I didn't want to starve myself, then I'd just have to work it off, and started exercising DAILY. For at least an hour. And it seems to be working, as I've lost about 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I have started exercise regimes I don't know how many times, doing well for weeks at a time and quit in discouragement because I've NEVER ever seen results before 2 or 3 weeks at the best. But I've only ever worked out a few times a week. This time I have done 6X a week for 2.5 weeks now and for at least an hour to an hour and a half each time, and I'm down 5 pounds!

Since I just joined a few days ago, my starting weight is lower than when I count myself as having "officially" started my new journey. But I wrote down on the calendar my weight when I started the daily exercising. I haven't changed my eating habits at all, either. I'm drinking more water now, but that's the only thing different.

I just wanted to let you know that I've been there......trying to lose weight, exercising, watching what I ate and still not seeing the scales move. I've been there SO many times.

I don't know how much you are exercising, but for me and my body, it's looking like I have to exercise hard nearly every single day to get my metabolism to get going. It's been zero for so many years, it doesn't want to start working again!!!