sunburn

Options
Ok, so I went golfing and hiking all day Sunday and it was pretty hot outside (in the 90's). I drank as much water as I could and only ate lunch that day. When I got back to the house I was really sunburned (blistered in some places). Since Sunday I have gained a couple of pounds and so I was wondering if a sunburn will make your body retain more water than usual?

Replies

• kroyalty
    kroyalty Posts: 22
    Options
    Same thing here! I went on a 7 hour motorcycle ride and didn't realize how hot the sun was...no sunscreen. Silly me! :frown: Blistered some of my face and burned my arms and tops of my feet. Weighed in Monday after having done super good on my eating all week and I had gained a pound! Weighed again this morning just to see and I am down a full pound and a half....so I am thinking the answer is definitely yes it will make you retain water.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yes. Your body requires the extra water in your body to repair the tissue under the top layer of skin and to make new skin. I think I remember that it takes 6 days for your skin to 'replace itself' and to be on the road to healing after an injury. Give it a couple weeks, stay hydrated and try to get some extra 'good' fats and vitamin A and E in your system.