MIO Drink Mix

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
Anyone tried it? I love adding flavor to my water (I tend to drink A LOT more) but want to do so without many calories, or chemicals - I'm not sure of the contents of these, just keep seeing them advertised. If they are all natural, and tasty, I'm in!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried it yet, but they are expensive for the size of the bottle..yikes..good luck :)
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    They are awesome, no calories, no sugar. Its a liquid, not a mix. So as soon as it hits the water in your glass it instantly mixes, they are pretty cool and not too expensive.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried it bc i ... being unbelievably dumb and nondirectional lol ... can't seem to find it in the store. i am fairly sure i've walked passed it a bunch of times .. how much do they normally cost?:frown:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    they looked pretty expensive. I'll stick with flavored teas.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Strawberry-watermelon! Yum! No Calories- no weird chemicals. Kind of pricey, but I don't put as much in my water as the serving size indicates, so it will last quite a while for me.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I tried one and got hooked. Bought them at target, 3.50$ is expensive but withva 1$ Target coupon & a 1$ regular coupon makes them 1.50$ which isn't bad :-)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    they are about $4 for a small bottle..may be healthy and good..not worth it for me ;)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the ingredients list, #3 is propylene glycol otherwise known as ANTIFREEZE!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Considering how many drinks you get out of one bottle, I think 4 bucks is pretty cheap. The first one I tried is peach tea and it's super delicious :)
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I just looked at the ingredients list, #3 is propylene glycol otherwise known as ANTIFREEZE!

not to mention SUCRALOSE

http://www.slashfood.com/2011/02/22/kraft-rolls-out-new-mio-water-flavorings/

But let's get real: The ingredient list is full of artificial colors, sweeteners and preservatives. What's so wrong about having clean, unflavored water? Or --gasp-- maybe adding real pomegranate juice if you want a taste of pomegranate?
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I did buy a bottle at Wal-mart, think it was a little over $3. But like somebody else said, I don't put the whole amount in, just enough to get some taste, so it will last a long time. As for having artificial colors and flavors, what doesn't unless you planting and growing your own foods? I just wish they had a cherry flavor, the strawberry-watermelon is pretty good though. Don't know if I like it better than the great value mixes though? Good luck!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    . As for having artificial colors and flavors, what doesn't unless you planting and growing your own foods?

SERIOUSLY?? there are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of products & foods that can be store-brought that do not have artificial colors, flavors and/or sweeteners...
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the fruit punch one and I like it. I usually just drink plain water but when I want something different (especially with my dinner), I put some in my water and drink up.
  • ktrevorah
    Options
    Love It!!!!

I have tried the fruit punch and the berry pomegranate, which has become my favorite go
    to no calorie drink. I used to drink diet coke all of the time but since they have come out with this stuff I no longer drink soda everyday, I even bring this stuff to resturants and ask for water .

I dont think that its expensive, cause I have been on the same bottle for a week now and have at least 2 glasses a day and it
    helps me with increasing my water intake.

I highly recommend this stuff!!!!!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - might have to take a peek @ the ingredients and, if I approve, give it a try! :) Appreciate the feedback!
  • tacoma3980
    Options
    Not familiar with any chemicals in them, but they are calorie free and very good. The sweet tea one is my favorite and tastes pretty close to the real thing, but without all the sugar.