1 can Tomato Sauce
1 small can Tomato Paste
1 tsp dried minced Garlic
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 pkg (4) MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties (you can get these at Walmart in the frozen food section)

Olive Oil
Multi- Grain Sandwich Thins (Bread)

Heat oven to a low broil. Open the Sandwich Thins and layout on foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and crisp in the oven. (About 3-4 minutes). Microwave “Sausage” patties for 2 minutes on a plate. In a bowl, add Tomato Sauce, Tomato Paste, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Basil, and Oregano, Cover with a paper towel and warm mixture in the microwave about a minute, stir and warm another minute or so. In a blender, add tomato mixture, fennel seeds, and “Sausage” patties. Puree for a minute or so (makes a paste like consistancy). Spread mixture onto the crisped Sandwich Thins and put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Cut each into fourths, for bite size pieces. (10 minutes to prepare).

I made these last night for my daughter’s friend’s birthday party. All the kids ate them like crazy! I used to make this with regular Italian sausage (fatty and bad for you) Only my daughter and I knew they were meatless!
Let me know if you like it....Also, try chicken salad with Morningstar Farms chicken patties cut up.. Yum

Replies