NO CHANGE!

Options
:sad: I weighed myself today and i have not lost any weight from the 4 that i lost last week. infact i gained a lb! i have been eating great and going to the gym daily! any help and suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it and it'll drop. Sometimes that happens as your body is adjusting. I've been stuck at 177 for the past week, but my hard work will catch up with me. Don't give up =).
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. One, last week you more than likely lost a great deal of extra water weight, sodium, etc. This week you are going to dtay the same or gain some muscle and retain some water. Keep working.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at the same weight for a week too. I started strength training this week though, and it is getting close to "that time". So I think it's added muscle + retaining water for me. Keep at it! The important thing is that you're getting stronger and being healthier. The rest will come with time.
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You should expect it since you started last week. It's ok :) Keep eating right and working out and it will fall off. I gained after my first loss. Then I lost big and haven't loss since, but a mid week weigh in this morning reveals I've lost 4 lbs so far. So don't live by the scale. Just take measurements instead. ;-)

Good luck & God Bless
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    :sad: I weighed myself today and i have not lost any weight from the 4 that i lost last week. infact i gained a lb! i have been eating great and going to the gym daily! any help and suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

That happened to me, too! I had lost 4, then gained one back which was a puzzlement to me. Today I got on the scale and had lost 2. Go figure. Hang in there!!!!
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    does "eating great" mean you're under your calories and your very honest food log reflects this?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    On march 1st I was 218lbs. On march 3rd I was 220lbs. I held at 220lbs for 3 weeks after that. I'm 207 now. Sometimes it happens. Don't cry about it or whine about it. Just continue on with your plan. You will eventually jump that hurdle.
  • twistietims
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I am in the same boat! I feel slimmer and my clothes are fitting more loosely but I'm still a the same weight as when I started. It's a mystery! Hang in there though! :)
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    take your measurements. - do you feel looser in your clothes? - have you lost .25 in, .5 in, an inch?!?

do you have your body fat %? Can you check if its changed?

if you're going to the gym everyday and working hard, you may be building muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat.

If you're trying to lose weight, and not necessarily gain a lot of muscle, work on low-impact, high calorie burning exercises. For instance, step class, biking, walking, dancing, elliptical machines, etc. These exercises burn fat using muscle you've already built, and don't build as much new muscle.

But overall, concentrate on how you feel at the end of the day - not the number on the scale. If you've gained muscle and lost fat & weigh more, you are STILL healthier than you were a week ago! Even if the scale went up a lb rather than down as you'd like.

If you've lost inches & feel better when you look at yourself in your clothes, even better! Focus on the NSV just as much - if not more - than the number of the scale.

Keep working, measure those inches, work on aerobics, & watch your calorie intake -- you may be coming in too low for the amount of exercise you're doing, forcing your body to hold more fats and burn muscle, which is the worst situation you can get in when trying to lose weight.

Deep breath - take those measurements & focus on next week!
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!! i really needed a pep talk. this is the first time i try to loose weight the right way so i need alot of support during this slow process lol. and yes i have been COMPLETELY honest as far as the food goes. down to the four cookies i had one day last week ! i know that if i lie it does no good for me!
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I am in the same boat! I feel slimmer and my clothes are fitting more loosely but I'm still a the same weight as when I started. It's a mystery! Hang in there though! :)
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone.