Shakeology

Options
I a starting shakeology when I recieve it. Has anyone tried it and if so what did you think about it? It was recently just featured on Oprah... and as we all know... he doesn't have it on her show unless she absolugly loves it. My sis in law swears by it. Let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• ckisme
    ckisme Posts: 15
    Options
    I've tried it. It's very good. Have yet to make the purchase.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    FULL DISCLOSURE: As a Team Beachbody coach, I sell Shakeology.

That being said, I started using it before I began selling it. I have it for breakfast every day and find it to be quick and convenient to blend and drink on the way to work. I have noticed increased energy levels (no "2:30 feeling") as well as improved digestion (no longer need Metamucil).

My wife began adding it to her morning coffee and has also reported improved energy and digestion. She is on BP meds and has a doctor's appt soon, I'll be interested to see if her numbers have changed.

At first I thought the flavor was too pronounced but after some experimentation with various "recipes" I've found several delicious ways to make it.

I hope you enjoy your Shakeology, let us know your favorite recipe :)
  • Jdrdaisy
    Jdrdaisy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I really don't know much about shakeology, but I just checked out the website. It said that participants in a study lost 10 pounds over a 90 day period. I've lost 15 pounds over the last 6 weeks just using myfitnesspal.com! I know I would have a hard time giving up any meal for liquid! I do now crave a milkshake though... they sure look good! I think it probably does work, just depends on what works for you
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I drink the greenberry Shakeology. It has greatly improved my bowel movements and keeps cravings at bay. I just mix the greenberry with water. I really feel that it has filled some nutrition gaps that I may have had.
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started using shakeology about a month ago when a friend gave me a sample. I used to skip breakfast, so this now helps me to get the right nutrition. I feel so much better on it. improved digestion, energy, lost 5 lbs.

As the other guy, full disclosure.I'm now a coach because I fell in love with the shakes and wanted to be able to afford it.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I love it. I prefer the chocolate, I didn't like the greenberry aftertaste. My kid LOVE it too. We have it for breakfast, made with coconut or almond milk. We add extra ice and make it into ice cream texture. I find that I stay full for several hours with it, have been able to quit taking my mulitvitamin as it has what I need, and keeps me regular. I've used several protein type products and this is my favorite so far. It's a little more expensive, but it's worth it to me.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I think that it does more than just help lose weight. Tons of benefits!