Exercise Suggestions?

Options
I am doing the 30 day Shred 3-4 times per week, and try to walk when the weather is nice on the weekends. This weekend it is supposed to rain all weekend long. What are some other ways I can work out? The only equipment I have is a mini-stepper (not very good). There is a community center near me that has a walking track, but I would like to change it up a bit. I did order Kettlebell Bombshell and it should arrive this weekend so that may solve my bordem issue.

Replies

• austxdreamin
    Options
    Turn on your favorite dance tunes and just dance!!! I did this one day and after just 30 minutes was amazed at the workout I had without really even considering it a workout. Plus, hearing all your favorite music and just letting loose...well, its just fun and helps keep away those rainy day blahs!!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Why not just put on a jacket (and umbrella), and go for a walk in the rain? It's rather soothing, in my opinion.
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a gazelle that is basically like walking and it's nice to do when you can't get outside, which I would rather do of course ;) And compared to buying a treadmill it's a lot cheaper. I think it's still like 89 dollars at Wal-Mart.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Check out hundredpushups.com for some strength training. There are other workouts on there as well, such as situps and squats.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i do dancing at home or get a gym ball they r only a couple of quid and u can do 100s of exercises with them:smile:
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Betcha your local library has some exercise videos you could try.
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Like the other suggestion, I just put on my favorite music and get crazy dancing. My kids even join me and we have a blast!!! It is by far my favorite exercise and its so easy to find time to do it. And it is most definately a workout!!
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Find your nearest Zumba class - you will never enjoy exercise as much as when doing zumba!
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    I just discovered yesterday that Netflix has a bunch of Crunch videos, everything from yoga and pilates to dancing. Not sure if you have Netflix but thought I'd throw that out there.