17 Day Diet

Options
Has anyone tried this? It's been all over the news, radio, and internet over the last two weeks. It's almost like I can't escape it :)
I heard an interview on the radio this morning with the Dr. who wrote the book and it sounded pretty interesting. It's not a crash diet, it's not a "cleansing" diet, and the results are supposedly incredible.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this and if so, do you have any feedback on it.

Replies

• jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    if you click on "search" in the options above and type in "17 day diet" quite a few threads appear.

good luck!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I too have been curious
  • cubanasusana
    cubanasusana Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started 2 days ago and lost 3 lbs!!!!!! I like it so far! the first 17 day cycle is probably going to be the hardest!
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    I heard you can lose 8-12 pounds just in the first week! I am also curious about how this diet works!
  • Midcoast_Mermaid
    Options
    My mom has been doing it for about a month now and lost 15lbs!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. It's a diet created by a doctor who is more personable than most I have met. It is a common-sense approach to diet that occurs in 4 distinct cycles: (1) Accelerate (2) Activate (3) Achieve (4) Arrive. Each cycle lasts 17 days.

The first cycle is designed to cleanse your body of old habits and toxins. It is the more minimal in calories and severely restricts the types of carbs which are allowed. It emphasize lean proteins, low-sugar fruits, and low-starch veggies. The weight loss from the first cycle can be very significant (or is reported to be so).

The second cycle adds some foods back but still focuses on the healthiest of the carbs, etc. Weight loss slows down here, but you are learning new habits.

The third cycle adds a few more.

The fourth is maintenance.

In addition to the food choices for each cycle, you must exercise 17 minutes per day.

I think it makes sense, which is why I was attracted to it. I'll be reporting my progress in my blog. To really understand all the whys and wherefores of this diet, you need to get the book. It's available on Amazon Kindle for under $12.00 and is an easy read,
  • dsolden
    dsolden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about this one. Where can I get more info?
  • Landon06
    Landon06 Posts: 9
    Options
    I bought the book on buy.com for $7. I am on day 7 and although I havent weighed myself, my sugar cravings have almost completely disappeared. The first 3-4 days were horrible for me as I had a Dr Pepper addiction!! I can already tell a difference in my energy levels as well as my complexion!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am going to look more into it tonight along with DonnaSolden (my mom) and depending on the foods, we may just try it. I am a super picky eater and from the little bit I saw online, it could be costly to make some of the foods. We shall see!
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    It's not costly... It's cheaper than buying prepackaged foods. Ignore the recipes and make your own within the food parameters.
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    That's good to hear! I hope my sugar cravings disappear. I think I am one of the carb-sensitive people he discusses in the book.