And off we go to IRELAND!! :) Any advice??

Options
Good Morning everyone...and HAPPY WEDNESDAY!! I hope its off to a great start for everyone....its a beautiful sunny day here! :)

My workout this morning was fabulous....and my abs are already screaming at me!! :)

In 12 days, my husband and I are off to IRELAND for a week....we are both standing up in our great friends' wedding!! :) We are VERY excited...and I'm trying to 'pre-plan' my workouts, eating, etc... :)

Of COURSE I made sure our hotel has a fabulous gym....so I plan to take full advantage of that each morning....
And I'm wondering if anyone is FROM Ireland, or has visited there and can give me an idea of the types of foods I can expect to be eating...:) Some people look at vacations as a time to 'let loose' and just go crazy with new foods, etc....but I am able to stay motivated and make smart choices..as long as I PLAN AHEAD. :)

So, any tips, advice, etc. would be appreciated!!! :) Oh, and don't worry, I WILL have my laptop so I will be able to stay in contact with all of my fabulous supporters on here!! :) Thanks everyone!! :)
Toodles!

Replies

• FitForCrete1
    Options
    i'm from Ireland, what part are you going to??
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yes, enjoy. I have been to Ireland 2 times and loved it. Just make sure you keep your valuable things close by, because my purse got stolen in a bar in Belfast once.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! :) We are flying into Shannon, and staying in Limerick...and then the Adare Manor! :)
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We just got back from Ireland at the end of March. We went for a week to visit my brother that is studying there. I will say that the Irish do no eat a lot of vegetables, at least in restaurants. A lot of the food was meat and potatoes with some cabbage normally cooked in bacon. I think the key is to eat in moderation and order salad when you find one on the menu. I gained about 3 pounds over the week but it was sodium and was back to my starting weight three days after week we got home. I would say just make sure you are getting your water and walk everywhere! Other than that have fun and do enjoy some curry chips because that was my favorite!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    (jealous)
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! :) We are flying into Shannon, and staying in Limerick...and then the Adare Manor! :)

Cliffs of Mohr are beautiful and scenic. In between Shannon and Limerick is a little town/village called Bunratty. They have a nice castle and historical village. Their idea of bacon is wayyyyyyyyy different than ours too. It's more like a fatty piece of Canadian bacon. And if you want to do an extremely cheap short side trip to somewhere else use RyanAir. I flew from London-Stansted to Shannon for 10GBP, on a weekend trip.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    awesome everyone, thanks for the ideas!! I'm looking forward to WALKING a lot and seeing the sights! :)