Blood Pressure Meds?

Options
Hey gang! Not that I'm expecting anyone to play doctor, but I'm curious if anyone who is on blood pressure medication and who has lost more than 40 lbs has had to have their medication adjusted. I'm down about 15 lbs so far, and was just wondering.

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A not uncommon occurrence
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    I haven't lost 40 pounds just 25 and mine has not been adjusted its still 50mgs twice a day...but thats probley due to my tachycardia it controls my rapid heart rate not just my blood pressure so i'm not sure if there going to readjust mine even if I do loose more!
  • scottzortea
    Options
    mine have been the same
    to date I have droped 120lb but I had a Heart Attack and in the last 7 months a double bypass so I am on them
    for ever. Keep it up and do what the doc tells you!!!!!!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    I have had major modifications to my blood pressure medication. I am thinking eventually I still have the chance to be off of it as I just came of another one and my blood pressure is staying at 100-110/60-70 on average. Usually it would go up a few days to a week and a half then go back down, this time, no change. I'm still on a combination pill Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide and losartan) which is a diuetic and a angiotensin II receptor antagonist. I am also on Amlodipene a calcium channel blocker. I have come off the metoprolol completely and have had the doses of the others reduced more than in half. There are times where my blood pressure will be quite low, so I am expecting when I see the doctor in May that I may see myself come off another medication. At least I hope so.
  • Dallas9293
    Dallas9293 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was on blood pressure meds 3 years ago when I originally started losing weight. I lost 50 lbs and had the meds dosage cut in half at one point and then I was taken off the meds completely. Unfortunately, I gained 28 lbs back and not wanting to take the meds again was a motivating factor to start back on the healthy choices! Wish I had MFP back then because I might have reached the real goal of getting back to 200 lbs!