Today was a Milestone for me

hyde1977
hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
After 7 weeks on MFP I have officially lost 22 pounds! I have not been this weight in over 12 years! Today was the first time in a very long time that I am extremely proud of myself!

This site works! If you are struggling....just remember that....I have learned so much from here! The fact that I have lost so much well still eatting the same foods I enjoyed before has been amazing! I still have my treats and don't deprive myself of anything. If I am hungry, I eat....I just make some different choices.....

I will never give up my Easter Cream Eggs (well only around this time).....Well I took chips out of the house as I have no control over eatting them....nothing else has really changed!

Portion control and making sure that I am eatting enough each day and exercising!

I feel great and I just wanted to share!

If you are struggling...Keep Going....Slow and Steady does win the race!!!!

Replies

• Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Great post, very motivational and congrats!!!! 22 pounds is a lot!!!!! :D Are you having people around you notice the difference and compliment you yet?
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Congratulations on your 22 pound loss!! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Hi FIVE!! :-)
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Congratulations!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Yes....there is a noticalbe difference! I even started to notice!
    For the first time I have been getting compliements! Its very motivating!
    Its been great!!!!
    Summer cloth shopping is finally going to be enjoyable! As now I don't have to visit the plus size store!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Yay!! Great job! These milestones are always motivation for more! Keep it up!! The lowest in 12 years? Wow! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. Way to go!
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    That is fantastic !!

I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and you can accomplish anything.... Rock on !! :drinker:
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    The fact that I have lost so much well still eatting the same foods I enjoyed before has been amazing! I still have my treats and don't deprive myself of anything. If I am hungry, I eat....I just make some different choices.....

Portion control and making sure that I am eatting enough each day and exercising!

If you are struggling...Keep Going....Slow and Steady does win the race!!!!

These are the lessons that I've learned as well. This is not a diet it's a new relationship to food. Well done and keep up the good work. The next milestone is within reach!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    You're doing so well- CONGRATS!!!

(22 lbs. down here, as well. FEELS GREAT doesn't it??) :happy:
This discussion has been closed.