Diet Coke!! good or bad?

Options
Okay so would it make a huge difference if I cut out Diet Coke? and just drink water? I want to lose weight in every way possible!! would cutting out the Diet Coke make a difference?:explode:

Replies

• Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    Yup! ANY kind of soda isnt good for you. I cut ALL of it out and it made a huge difference.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    heck yes it would!! it has tons of artificial sweeteners. When i cut sodas out (except for once in a blue moon), I dropped 5-8 lbs pretty quickly...
  • gennybunny
    Options
    Aspertame is an endocryn disrupter and slows your metabolism
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Just say No! LOL You have to focus on being healthy not just cutting calories. Soda is full of junk and not good for you at all. You will certainly benefit from totattly cutting it out.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes maam.:happy:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I talked to my nutritionalist about this exact fact yesterday. She said one a day will not hurt, but if you're getting up to 6 cans a day. (Like me w/ dt pepsi), then it's definately not a good thing. So in moderation its ok, but try to drink 10x more water than the soda!
    It doesn't have any nutritional value, so dispite the carbonation and caffeine, it's pretty pointless! Good luck. I just finished my 1st whole week without soda... so far I'm going strong!
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Cutting Diet Coke will help. All the stuff it has in it is way bad for your body! I was a serious Dt Coke addict and completely cut it out cold turkey! I have one every once and a while but I have to be careful not to get back to my old ways of 6 cans a day!
  • mrssturgeon7911
    mrssturgeon7911 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. Some people get really bad cravings from drinking diet soda. I drink one diet coke a day still and it hasn't affected my weight loss or stalled it at all. At the same time my "diet buddy" cut hers out completely and she is also doing great but that's because all she ever wanted after a diet coke was ice cream/cake/pastries or aka the "sweet craving" you can get from drinking aspartame.
  • h0p3
    h0p3 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! I weighed myself for this week and started to cut out the diet coke crap. we shall see at the end of the week if it worked! thanks peeps!!:flowerforyou:
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    any soda is garbage I stopped drinking them in january and havn't looked back nothing but water not even tea just water I feel great and you will too when you kick them to the curb!!!!!!
  • jlynn1005
    Options
    any soda is garbage I stopped drinking them in january and havn't looked back nothing but water not even tea just water I feel great and you will too when you kick them to the curb!!!!!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Nope... at least not for me.. I allow myself 1 diet soda a day, and I did an experiement and cut that out and it did not matter with or without the soda...

I say moderation is the key to anything.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Diet coke= bad :noway:

Here's an article that should help explain why:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hands down--soda is junk, diet or not. The regular soda is full of sugar and the diet soda is full of fake sugar which 1. is bad for your body because its a man-made chemical and 2. is sweeter than sugar. It's bad that it's sweeter than sugar because your body gets used to that level of hyper-sweetness, which actually makes you crave extremely sweet things all the time. Also, soda and water are like apples and oranges. Replacing soda with water will certainly help your weight loss, as water hydrates you, flushes out your system, makes you feel full, etc. The way I get my flavor/carbonation is by drinking flavored seltzer water. The flavor is natural and the carbonation gives you the sense of soda without all the negatives. I couldn't live without my seltzer!!!
  • MaralynC
    MaralynC Posts: 1
    Options
    My experience is yes. It appears that it makes your body think it needs more food etc. I dropped several lbs after stopping it.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    So can I ask a question then? If you don't drink diet soda b/c of aspertame or whatever, what is your take on drinking crystal light with other fake sugars?
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Options
    Soda, regardless of the calorie content, is not good for you. There is some evidence to suggest that diet soda is worse overall for you than regular soda because of its makeup. So, my advice would be have the vast majority of what you drink be water, fill in the rest with natural juices and teas, and save everything else for a treat, including sodas, booze, and coffees. And it may be better to choose a small amount of a caloric soda than a diet soda??
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know that DC in excess isn't good for me, however, I only allow myself 1 a day and that one stretches out over several class periods. I also don't drink coffee (yuk) so DC is my "coffee."

Heck, I'm sure there is a study somewhere that says air, lettuce and exercise are bad for us too - the bottom line is to be smart about what you consume. Too much of anything is a bad thing, but some vices in small amounts might keep you from feeling deprived.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I would also avoid crystal light and all the other substances that flavor water. The only thing I would suggest is flavored seltzer water, regular water with lemon, or vitamin water zero, which is flavored with Stevia, a naturally occurring sweetener.