biggest loser wii game and elliptical users

Options
I have this game and the calories burned show very low. I am constantly sweating and hurting. Should I count this as circuit training since it works my whole body? I am planning on getting a HRM soon but haven't yet. I know I am burning more than 40 calories.

Also, the display on my elliptical doesn't work for calories anymore. It shows in 30 mins I burn 2 calories. What do you burn usually on the elliptical? Is it the same as the "elliptical trainer" when you log in under MFP's database?

Ugh. I'm so confused.

Thanks everyone :wink:

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    two people won't be the same....I fear you will need to wait for answers on both until you have your HRM, I suggest the Polar FT4 which I have and loooove. good luck to you.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    mfp calculations are always wrong. It always say that i have burned more calories than actually do.. It is usually over by 100 call or more.
  • mrssturgeon7911
    mrssturgeon7911 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The only way to get a perfectly accurate reading is a heart monitor. I stopped trusting all of those monitors on machines and also the ones on my EA Active and Biggest Loser game. A heart monitor changed my life! For now though you can look up activities on websites just google "calories burned tool" or something like that and you can find the activity and enter your weight and time!
  • rhondag71
    Options
    As far as the calories burned on MFP when you choose elliptical seem to always be higher than what my machine records in the morning when I do my work-out. But maybe I just don't go as fast as what they are basing their time off of in the MFP database. So I guess it depends on what speed you do your work-out at. I am usually about 10-15% less than what comes up in the database when I enter my minutes.
  • Mistifill
    Options
    mfp calculations are always wrong. It always say that i have burned more calories than actually do.. It is usually over by 100 call or more.

I think it depends on the level of effort you are working at...sometimes I am higher or lower than MFP calculations and its always directly related to how hard I was working...