i always thought counting calories was BS.....

Options
..until today when i lost 5 lbs in 7 days on calorie restriction. just followed the app's suggestion on my iPhone and the weight comes off. of course my cardio helps alot but still this is CRAZY! lol i was always into counting carbs ONLY but calories gives me more options to eat different foods :) REALLY happy. i screwed up the last two days but thats fine, we all screw up now and then. i won't let it get to me. i will just continue the diet (lifestyle) and i will continue loosing weight!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Just FYI...5lbs a week is not the norm (usually its water weight) so please do not get hung up on seeing a particular number a week. The average depending on your deficit is 1 to 2lbs a week.

Good luck in your journey.
  • mrssturgeon7911
    mrssturgeon7911 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know! I had tried everything in the past, EVERYTHING. Only too fail. I started watching what I ate and cutting calories and the weight started to coming off, 7 lbs the first week, the .5 to 2 every week after that. It really matters, the whole, calories in vs. calories out. Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • qbanyto
    qbanyto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am well aware about the water weight but still. This works. And it's fantastic!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I totally agree. And the phone apps a lifesaver for me. At 10am when I'm craving a burger (I work in the middle of fast food suburbia) I just punch that puppy in and see that it will take almost an entire days worth of calories and all of a sudden I don't want it so much anymore. I had been working out for 2 months and not losing any weight when I came across this on my blackberry and in 2 weeks-4 pounds.

It's awesome and ridiculous isn't it? Why didn't we do this all along?