When to eat...

Options
I was just wondering when I should be eating, like every 3 hours? or every 2 1/2 hours? what do you think would be a good time to eat? i find that when i eat whenever i feel like, i end up going over my calorie intake. i've been doing so good in the past couple of days, and i don't want to mess up! any suggestions would be great :) thanks!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too....
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-1/2 to 3 hours regardless of whether or not I am hungry. My goal is not to get hungry or else I will do the obvious.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 7ish, a small healthy snack at 10 (yogurt, cheese stick, granola bar... something like that) I eat lunch at 12ish, another small snack at 3pm and then dinner at 6 or 7ish.
  • lilcrybaby
    Options
    Personally, I eat about every 2 to 3 hours. Also to prevent getting hungry and binging.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Eat when your hungry, let your body tell you when to eat, drink, and sleep. The whole eat ever y couple hours is a myth, no truth to it at all.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2-3 hours but I eat 6 meals with the first 3 meals consisting of 3oz of protein, 1/2 c carbs and 1 c of veggies then last 3 meals are 3oz protein and 1 cup of veggies. I am always feeling full.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Experts say to rev up and keep metabolism high to burn calories is to eat every 2-3 hours, even when you're not hungry. If you DON'T eat, your body automatically goes into fat storing mode because it thinks it's starving. So, Eat Up!! :drinker:
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Experts say to rev up and keep metabolism high to burn calories is to eat every 2-3 hours, even when you're not hungry. If you DON'T eat, your body automatically goes into fat storing mode because it thinks it's starving. So, Eat Up!! :drinker:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Every 2-3 hrs. And try to go for at least 300-350 cals for your meals, and 150ish cals for your "snacks".

Good luck! If you're hungry, make a HEALTHY choice! Fruits and veggies over cookies, etc.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Eat when your hungry, let your body tell you when to eat, drink, and sleep. The whole eat ever y couple hours is a myth, no truth to it at all.

What exactly is the myth part? Please explain.

I eat this way so I don't eat so much in one sitting and go long periods without food then end up eating more than I should and make poor choices. Plus, all the clean foods I eat, I can't eat more than the 3oz protein, 1/2 cup carbs, and 1 cup veggies. I think I'd make myself hurl if I ate all these foods in 3 meals.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You will have to see what works for you. I try to eat breakfast around 7:30 when I get to work. Then a snack at about 10:30 so as to stay ahead of my hunger and give myslef about an hour for it to digest before I go to the gym on my lunch hour (11:30-12:30). Eat lunch right after I get back from the gym and then another snack in the afternoon before I leave work at 4:30. Again, I am trying to stay ahead of my hunger. That is what works for me but, luckily for you, you are not me. My snacks are usually banana, apple, or orange.
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like to eat something every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I've been advised in the past by a nutritionist that grazing is better than eating huge meals when you're really hungry.

I eat breakfast at 6:30 or so, a banana at 8:30ish, lunch (work schedule) at 10:30, usually a low fat cheese stick and mini cucumber at 1:30ish, something (varies) after school, then dinner. Nothing after dinner. My snacks are usually under 150 calories, and something good for you (cheese, veggie, etc.), so it doesn't blow my day. I don't binge eat, as I'm never truly starving.

Some say it's a myth, but I find it works for me and I don't feel like I'm dieting, just making better food choices and portioning out my larger meals more reasonably. Do what works for you.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I try to have a reasonable breakfast, around 300, and plan my snack intake around my dinner, which is usually 500-600 calories.
    It sucks, cuz I have a SO I cook for every night, so dinner is always the big meal, since thats the most convient time for both of our schedules. I hate it.
    Cuz I find myself SOOO hungry through out the day beforehand. =[
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i thnk this is one of those touchy subjects....

I was eating when *I* thought my body was telling me to eat and sometimes I thought my body telling me I wasn't hungry. So I've gone quite a few days where I eat when I feel like it!! I just recently found out that I'm not eating enough!! I need to eat to maintain fuel in my body for my workouts. So I've just recently changed that to where I'm now eating approx every 2 hours

Definitely a learning process-