over fifty issues in the way

Options
over fifty issues that seem to be in the way, thyroid, menopause, anybody else?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Over 50 here, things definately work a bit different. Friend me if you want.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yea, but Im done blaming it on those issues and took control of my health.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain. Menopause was definitely HARD on my body. Feel free to add me.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i am 54... and since november have lost 44 pounds (27 since starting with mfp in january this year)
    the biggest issue for me to see real success here was to make sure i was eating all my calories (i struggled to get up to the full 1200 i was allocated here) AND to take drastic control of my sodium intake (i set mine at 1500mg max per day)

i have to admit that i am not exercising much...yet *S*.. but the weight has definitely been coming off well.

good luck!

edited to add:
    btw, as my hair seemed to be thinning (imho) i looked for something o could do proatively to prevent that.. and taking Biotin was suggested to me. In researching it i found it had no side effects so was safe to take, and was needed BUT it also seems to act as a metabolism booster... whether that has made a difference for me or not, i don't know. .. just thought i would mention it (and yes, i am definitely seeing a difference in my hair too *L*)
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    over fifty issues that seem to be in the way, thyroid, menopause, anybody else?

Not over 50 but had a hysto in November of last year, so now I have the menopause issue. I find I have to work a lot harder than others. Friend me if you like.
  • choconut02
    Options
    Those are fantastic weight loss numbers. I need help....I'm over 60 and morbidly obese. Please share tips and ideas. Thanks in advance.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    FIBROMYALGIA, MITRAL VALVE DISEASE,FAT, A CRAZY DOG,BUT, LIFE IS OK, RED
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    Im only 48 but in menopause so I have the issues working against me. You can definately beat them, though! I have found that tracking food is a huge help. It gives me something to focus on and slowly I am getting there. I started out barely able to walk around the block to running 3 miles at a time. It took a year and half though!
  • Amers54
    Amers54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was feeling pretty good until last winter when menopause kicked in plus and undiagnosed thyroid issue. I'm now on progesterone for heavy bleeding and PTU for my over active thyroid. They both seem to be causing extra weight gain.
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends who are over 50 (I'm almost 53) and having trouble losing weight. I need to get some support. I am doing a mostly vegetarian diet now and walking with yoga too, but it's not enough apparentlY!