Sodium intake :(

Options
Does taking in too much sodium only retain water weight? Or will it actually help you gain weight (aside from the water it's retaining). All opinions would be appreciated.

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    It won't make you gain fat. It will only retain water which will show as a weight increase on the scale
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It won't make you gain actual weight, just retain more water. BUT having a high sodium intake is not good for your body, especially your heart
  • Shadow611
    Options
    I have not ever heard of it helping anyone gain weight. However to much can really lead to alot of bad problems with your heart. if you are thinking of increasing your sodium intake I highlyu suggest having your heart checked before increasing it and have it cheacked regularly. I had a friend that had 2 hart attacks because she started the sodium diet to try and lose wheight. She also now has a small hole in the left ventrical and I know she reegrets it. Just something to think about.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It does not affect fat loss, but will cause you go gain water weight and feel/look bloated.
  • tehwhoaman
    Options
    Not trying to take in too much sodium, but it's hard to keep under the goal. I have no problems meeting my Calorie Goal. The sodium porition of it is going to be a challenge for me though.