Workouts in the morning or evening

Options
Hey everyone,
May be this question has been asked already...
Do you have preference on time of the day for your workouts? do you see/feel the difference if you change from morning to evening or vice versa?
I would love if I could get in my workouts first thing in the morning...one day when I can wake up early enough for 30-40 mins. I think summer is should be easier but not for me :ohwell:

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I prefer first thing in the morning or life or excuses seem to get in my way.
  • MurilloMama
    Options
    I do both...usually a longer workout in the morning and a short one in the evening!
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    I prefer first thing in the morning or life or excuses seem to get in my way.

I totally agree, the last thing I want to do at the end of my day is workout.
  • JessicaAnhalt
    Options
    I wish I could work out in the morning - the snooze button seems to be my friend but I generally go to the gym right after work.
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't make myself get up in the am and actullay feel more tired after an am workout.
    I prefer working out at night. I actually look forward to it, especially if Im riding my bike :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    evening.
    I have more energy.
    My body temp is higher which helps prevent injury
    And you're stronger in the evenings.

Seriously.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do evenings mainly because I can't get up any earlier than 4:30 but I would love to do it fist thing in the morning and get it done.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Morning. I run and for some reason feel more sluggish if I run i the evening.
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    I used to prefer the mornings before going to work but now with two children under 3 I have to exercise when I have time, mostly at night time.:wink:
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning or in the afternoon ( i'm lucky enough to be a stay-at-home). If i work out at night I have a hard time getting to sleep because my body is so full of energy.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It depends for me......On my work days, I work out in the evenings because I have to be at work early and get my daughter to daycare. In the evenings, my husband can watch our daughter while I workout. On my off days, I get up early (usually before my daughter gets up) and knock out my workout so I can have the rest of the day free.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just started waking up early to go to the gym in the mornings. I have to go before my kids wake up so my insomniac husband can get a little more sleep. I'm up at 6 and at the gym by 6:30. I haven't had any trouble getting up and I've had a lot more energy throughout the day. I have a protein shake as soon as I get home and then I have breakfast with my kids later. I had been going after the kids went to bed at night and I had some dinner, around 9 or 10. I wouldn't get home until about 11 and it made it a lot harder to get to sleep at night, even though I was really tired. My body was wide awake! It's a lot easier to go to bed a little earlier and get up in the morning.
  • Jesyka_Gee
    Jesyka_Gee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've realized when I work out at night (which means after work for me) I feel very refreshed after the work out and it's like a boost to eat the right meal for dinner. The mornings also help me wake up and gives me a kick to get things done. So if you think you can and feel you have the time, do a brisk work out in the AM and finish up with a great workout in the evening :smile: